College Football Playoffs - Who figures to make it?

theguru

Just now, Randy Parker said:

Out.

I don't think Alabama is a Top 5 team.

That said, congrats to the Tide on shocking Georgia next week. 

I would like to see Bama beat Georgia next week but Georgia still get in.  That would make things really interesting. 

• Like 1

Just now, theguru said:

I would like to see Bama beat Georgia next week but Georgia still get in.  That would make things really interesting. 

I think Georgia should be in regardless.  They are the only lock IMO.  That D is something else.

But yeah, I would love to see the chaos of an Alabama win.

• Like 1

People already don't trust the CFP committees or system.   If it's Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State and a second SEC team every year, what's the use of playing a season.   New blood is needed.   A group of 5 team makes it interesting.   A hot Michigan team makes it interesting.   Alabama is stale.  The 2021 version of the Crimson Tide are good, but nothing close to what they have been.  Just because they are Alabama does not make them CFP worthy.

1 minute ago, The Raven said:

People already don't trust the CFP committees or system.   If it's Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State and a second SEC team every year, what's the use of playing a season.   New blood is needed.   A group of 5 team makes it interesting.   A hot Michigan team makes it interesting.   Alabama is stale.  The 2021 version of the Crimson Tide are good, but nothing close to what they have been.  Just because they are Alabama does not make them CFP worthy.

The only "solution" is to expand the playoffs. 

2 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

It may not matter, OSU probably going to spank them tonight. 

Then you'll still have worry OSU passing ND.

Oklahoma State is the one who I thought would pass Notre Dame if they win the Big 10. Oklahoma is the one I was saying I didn’t think would pass Notre Dame. 

With Oklahoma State winning tonight, they will be in if Bama loses go Georgia IMO. The only way Notre Dame gets in now, is they would need both Oklahoma State and Bama to lose next week. Which quite honestly even then you just never know because the committee still could put a two lost Bama in over them. Notre Dame possibly would need Bama, Oklahoma State, and either Michigan or UC to lose now. Which it is possible for all that to happen, but not likely. 

Just now, futurecoach said:

Oklahoma State is the one who I thought would pass Notre Dame if they win the Big 10. Oklahoma is the one I was saying I didn’t think would pass Notre Dame. 

With Oklahoma State winning tonight, they will be in if Bama loses go Georgia IMO. The only way Notre Dame gets in now, is they would need both Oklahoma State and Bama to lose next week. Which quite honestly even then you just never know because the committee still could put a two lost Bama in over them. Notre Dame possibly would need Bama, Oklahoma State, and either Michigan or UC to lose now. Which it is possible for all that to happen, but not likely. 

Makes sense to me, Notre Dame probably doesn't belong. 

13 minutes ago, Randy Parker said:

I think Georgia should be in regardless.  They are the only lock IMO.  That D is something else.

But yeah, I would love to see the chaos of an Alabama win.

16 minutes ago, theguru said:

I don’t think if Bama wins next week makes it interesting at all. Georgia is in win or lose to Bama. The top 4 going into next week is probably Georgia, Bama, UC, Michigan. So if Bama wins the only thing that changes is probably Bama goes to 1 and Georgia to 2 or 3.  For it to be interesting, then would need Bama to lose. If Bama loses a close game, they still may put a two lost Bama in, a Big 12 champ, or Notre Dame.