Woodford County 51 West Jessamine 16

WOFOJP61

10 hours ago, bluecolonels95 said:

I hear they play CovCath next. Should be interesting to see how Woodford plays against better competition. 

10 hours ago, Tkinslow said:

CC better lace then up if they think they are going to walk over this team I have a feeling they will be surprised.

Cov Cath isn't surprising anyone. Every team facing them knows they have a battle royale in front of them.

On the other hand, Cov Cath better not take Woodford lightly. They have played a solid schedule and only one team has been within 3 TD's of them. They have scored less than 34 points once all year - their only close game, 24-21 over Franklin County.

It should be a good game. 

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

Cov Cath isn't surprising anyone. Every team facing them knows they have a battle royale in front of them.

On the other hand, Cov Cath better not take Woodford lightly. They have played a solid schedule and only one team has been within 3 TD's of them. They have scored less than 34 points once all year - their only close game, 24-21 over Franklin County.

WC played a solid schedule? IMO outside of FC their schedule was as soft as a baby's butt. Their schedule did them zero favors for preparing for November. Cov Cath will be prepared. Eddie doesn't ever come unprepared, they have been in this game too many times in the past and know what to do. I do agree that this will be the toughest game for WC and will definitely tell us a lot. If WC wins I will tip my cap to a job well done.  Love their QB Bryce Patterson. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

Bold post.  Woodford has not played anyone except a Glasgow team 10-0.  Who else did they play?  Average win loss record teams woodford opponents 4-6.  Not impressed.  

Can't wait to see this one.  Because it's easy to bully teams that leave their defense on the bus. 

Covcath 21-14.  And one of those 14 will be a busted play. 

Woodford's playoff inexperience vs CovCath's playoff experience. Albeit a Jackets home game, it's very likely CovCath gets the early lead, and Woodford realizes plays and schemes that worked against the area teams isn't working now. 

It comes down to Woodford's plan B. How will players that have never experienced playing past the second round react? Can the coaching staff prepare a gameplan that can adapt to whatever the Colonels do? They can score in bunches, for sure. The fact they only used one passing play last night, and won handily is VERY encouraging though for November offense!

20 minutes ago, RunForest said:

Bold post.  Woodford has not played anyone except a Glasgow team 10-0.  Who else did they play?  Average win loss record teams woodford opponents 4-6.  Not impressed. 

Defending Class 4A runner-up Franklin County, who is a contender to play in the finals again this year. 

29 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Defending Class 4A runner-up Franklin County, who is a contender to play in the finals again 

Look at strength of schedule.  And to validate my point even more the 2 teams skewing woodfords numbers.  This far in playoffs it will be close. 

Screenshot_20211113-114128_Chrome.jpg

1 hour ago, Tigerallamerican said:

WC played a solid schedule? IMO outside of FC their schedule was as soft as a baby's butt. Their schedule did them zero favors for preparing for November. Cov Cath will be prepared. Eddie doesn't ever come unprepared, they have been in this game too many times in the past and know what to do. I do agree that this will be the toughest game for WC and will definitely tell us a lot. If WC wins I will tip my cap to a job well done.  Love their QB Bryce Patterson. 

Woodford destroyed a top 25 Glasgow team in week 1.