Jump to content

Successes of the 2021 season


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Woodford County just 5 years ago they went 0-11, to 10-0 this year. 

Keep it coming!  It's fun to celebrate kids and programs, coaches, that are having success. Especially if it has been a long time to develop. Tyquan Rice is battling like crazy in Paris. The Greyhound

Bishop Brossart finished 10-0. First time in program history while posting impressive defensive numbers. Play Chief's Paris Greyhounds round one in Alexandria.

Posted Images

I’d have to go with Green County as a team. The Dragons are 9-1 and hosting a playoff game Friday night. The turnaround this team has made has been unreal. A team that has won 4 games in 3 years has more than doubled that win total this year alone. Coach Phelps has to be in the coach of the year conversation for 2A.
Blake Houchens for Green County also has to be in the conversation for district player of the year and class 2a player of the year. He’s rushed for over 1000 yards, has 63 tackles with 20 tackles for loss, 7.5 sacks and has caused multiple fumbles and has an interception. Great football player. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Bishop Brossart finished 10-0. First time in program history while posting impressive defensive numbers. Play Chief's Paris Greyhounds round one in Alexandria.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep it coming!  It's fun to celebrate kids and programs, coaches, that are having success. Especially if it has been a long time to develop. Tyquan Rice is battling like crazy in Paris. The Greyhounds have good days ahead of them. Henry County was much-improved in 2021. 

I won't start listing all the names, but have really enjoyed watching the QB's that have come to workouts in the offseason, excel. Some earned starting positions. Some have really performed well and are being recruited to the next level. 

 

2021 caught us by surprise.... Covid was a much bigger factor than any of us anticipated. We(Mercer) had to take off over a week of practice. We scraped together a team to play that first game, but it was rough looking. Most of us embraced the mindset that if we can play a GAME, even if it is just on a few days of practice, be thankful. 

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

Bardstown head coach David Clark had his first undefeated regular season in his 15 year head coaching career, and his son, QB Brady Clark, threw the 100th TD pass of his stellar career, eclipsing the all-time career mark previously held by the legendary Tiger John Wesley Monin. You will not find a more deserving or nicer father-son duo anywhere in the game of football.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GC-Dragons said:

I’d have to go with Green County as a team. The Dragons are 9-1 and hosting a playoff game Friday night. The turnaround this team has made has been unreal. A team that has won 4 games in 3 years has more than doubled that win total this year alone. Coach Phelps has to be in the coach of the year conversation for 2A.
Blake Houchens for Green County also has to be in the conversation for district player of the year and class 2a player of the year. He’s rushed for over 1000 yards, has 63 tackles with 20 tackles for loss, 7.5 sacks and has caused multiple fumbles and has an interception. Great football player. 

Only thing I would add is Seymour also in the conversation. They are really close in yardage he 2nd on team in receiving 6th on team in tackles at safety. Probably one of the fastest backs in recent memory of green co. I've watched him playing against our boys in LL and  MS. The amount of tanleted kids in the back feild for Green is almost unheard of for a small school. I see big things coming Green co way.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, xLAZYx said:

Only thing I would add is Seymour also in the conversation. They are really close in yardage he 2nd on team in receiving 6th on team in tackles at safety. Probably one of the fastest backs in recent memory of green co. I've watched him playing against our boys in LL and  MS. The amount of tanleted kids in the back feild for Green is almost unheard of for a small school. I see big things coming Green co way.

No question about it. Seymour is such a good player, he is super fast and if he gets the corner, its to the house. He is only going to get better, as he is only a sophomore. Can't wait to watch him play for the rest of this year and the next two years. He is also such a good player on defense for the Dragons, he can play almost any spot of the field. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, WOFOJP61 said:

Woodford County just 5 years ago they went 0-11, to 10-0 this year. 

Coach Dennis Johnson has done a super job at Woodford. 

I am an old Mercer guy. Dennis's Dad, legendary coach Alvis Johnson, of Harrodsburg HS, has been very supportive of me and Titan football. I could not ask for better.

This is an awesome family and our entire Titan community is pulling for Woodford County!

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SHAMROCK69 said:

Trinity's place kicker. He's a field goal machine and a big weapon for the Rocks. Kicked one 53 yards!

As a Louisville fan, I hope he goes there. I saw he took visit there. Definitely a weapon!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using the site you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use Policies.