Highlands - 2021/22 Schedule

19 minutes ago, Hoopoop said:

This is a great post!!  Not only because I honestly believe that HHS should play CCH this year and every year (I know the kids want to play), but also because it means that theguru is okay with someone blathering on about the Listerman girl being from Ohio.  That should also mean that the following is okay to post here as there's no suggestion of wrongdoing, just a simple question similar to the Oracle's statements about Listerman.

The following is the CCH basketball roster from last year sorted by total points.  How far down this list do you have to go to find someone that went to a Catholic Middle School anywhere in Kentucky? Maybe Murphy (#6 on the list at 3.3 ppg), but not sure.  Regarding just kids from Ohio, I think Rylee is a KY kid, again maybe Murphy.  So maybe 2 of the top 7 live in KY.  This table was pasted directly from the KHSAA site, sorry if it's a little hard to read.

Scoring
Jersey Player Games
Played
2-point
Field
Goals
Scored
3-point
Field
Goals
Scored
Free
Throws
Scored
Total
Game
  Team (* per-game average for 28 games)   597 149 333 1974 70.5*
33 Rylee, Mitchell 28 191 0 64 446 15.9
13 Ipsaro, Evan 28 122 43 70 443 15.8
42 Starks, Chandler 28 128 1 58 317 11.3
5 Stocks, Donovan 28 65 35 71 306 10.9
14 McHale, Colin 28 31 19 19 138 4.9
2 Murphy, Reece 23 9 12 22 76 3.3
21 Horn, Walker 28 13 13 4 69 2.5
3 Wilson, James 24 13 10 9 65 2.7
32 McGillis, Kascyl 19 3 15 2 53 2.8
23 Ipsaro, John 20 12 0 11 35 1.8
35 Skinner, Dean 26 9 1 2 23 0.9
34 Wahoff, Max 15 1 0 1 3 0.2
10 Pope, David 15 0

I am okay with having fun on BGP as long as it is within our Terms of Service. 

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

I find it interesting that up in NKY big deal if Ohio kids play in KY. Plenty of Indiana kids play in Louisville. Just saw New Albany basketball player transferred to Ballard. St. X has many kids from Indiana.

Then can you explain why St. X, Trinity and LexCath will not play CovCath?

• Like 1

I'm sure in the long run the kids will play who is on their schedule and have fun.  Ultimately, that is what this is all about, right?

If the kids from Highlands want to play the kids from CovCath (and vice versa), then they need to find a way to make their voice heard so the grownups making these decisions (in their own interest and not the kids') at least have all the information at hand when they choose to do what they do.

• Like 2

On 10/27/2021 at 11:01 PM, The Raven said:

I'm sure in the long run the kids will play who is on their schedule and have fun.  Ultimately, that is what this is all about, right?

If the kids from Highlands want to play the kids from CovCath (and vice versa), then they need to find a way to make their voice heard so the grownups making these decisions (in their own interest and not the kids') at least have all the information at hand when they choose to do what they do.

They will probably play in the Regional Tournament.

On 10/27/2021 at 10:47 PM, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

A lot of people from a lot of different schools have said a lot of different things in this thread, but nobody from Cov Cath has ever said anything about being a victim.

I would think Cov Cath would not be upset at all at not playing Highlands. Neither school has a large facility where crowds would be a financial gain. I think Cov Cath is moving to be a more nationally recognized program and Coach Ruthshatz was involved with that type of program at St. Anthony's. Interesting to me that no one comments about the fact that they no longer play Moeller. I would think CCH would try to schedule them....have heard rumors about why they no longer play but I certainly have no information or knowledge about that. CovCath and Highlands should both easily win their district. Very likely they could meet in semis or finals of Ninth. But.....you never know what might happen!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 9068 said:

I would think Cov Cath would not be upset at all at not playing Highlands. Neither school has a large facility where crowds would be a financial gain. I think Cov Cath is moving to be a more nationally recognized program and Coach Ruthshatz was involved with that type of program at St. Anthony's. Interesting to me that no one comments about the fact that they no longer play Moeller. I would think CCH would try to schedule them....have heard rumors about why they no longer play but I certainly have no information or knowledge about that. CovCath and Highlands should both easily win their district. Very likely they could meet in semis or finals of Ninth. But.....you never know what might happen!!

I have been told Moeller was not interested in playing CovCath for many off the court reasons. Find the hypocrisy in that if you wish…