Highlands - 2021/22 Schedule

Nov 30 vs. Walton-Verona
Dec 3 vs. Cane Ridge (TN) (at Marshall County Hoopfest)
Dec 4 vs. McCracken County (at Marshall County Hoopfest)
Dec 7 vs. Scott
Dec 9 at St. Henry
Dec 11 vs. DeSales (at St. Xavier)
Dec 13 at Campbell County
Dec 17 vs. Holmes
Dec 20 vs. Taft (OH) (at McNicholas (OH) Queen City Holiday Classic)
Dec 21 vs. St. Joseph Prep (WV) (at McNicholas (OH) Queen City Holiday Classic)
Dec 28 vs. Vestavia Hills (AL) (at Highlands Carespring Holiday Classic)
Dec 29 vs. Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy (OH) (at Highlands Carespring Holiday Classic)
Jan 3 vs. Covington Holy Cross
Jan 6 at Newport*
Jan 8 at Ashland Blazer
Jan 11 at Simon Kenton
Jan 14 at Dixie Heights
Jan 15 at Mason County
Jan 17 vs. Breathitt County
Jan 18 vs. Dayton*
Jan 24 vs. Bishop Brossart
Jan 28 vs. St. Xavier
Jan 29 at Boone County
Feb 4 at Bellevue*
Feb 5 at Newport Central Catholic*
Feb 8 vs. Lloyd Memorial
Feb 10 at Conner
Feb 12 vs. Cooper
Feb 15 vs. Oldham County
Feb 18 at Beechwood

* District

EyFFIicWUAgjKNc.jpg

So wait, Listerman wouldn't schedule Cov Cath because, even though his team won the 9th last year and is the defending state champion, he's too butt-hurt about Cov Cath playing athletes from the other side of the river to possibly consider scheduling his players' biggest rival during their regular season. BUT then he turns around and schedules his team to play a literal prep school in the Queen City Classic?

That logic is a whole lot of fun.

2 hours ago, The Oracle said:

So wait, Listerman wouldn't schedule Cov Cath because, even though his team won the 9th last year and is the defending state champion, he's too butt-hurt about Cov Cath playing athletes from the other side of the river to possibly consider scheduling his players' biggest rival during their regular season. BUT then he turns around and schedules his team to play a literal prep school in the Queen City Classic?

From what I have gathered over the last few months, Highlands is not the only team in NKY making a statement per se.  This is an NKY issue and not a Highlands issue, that is all that I am going to say.  If the rolls were reversed, the same would be coming out of Park Hills much like it was in the Dale Mueller era of football.  Similar thing happened where NKY teams pretty much refused to play Highlands except for district opponents and Ryle.

Rule 2 reads in part:

2. No disparaging, taunting, or boastful comments--especially between opponents trying to intimidate each other. This includes, name calling or personal attacks toward any member, username, team, or school.

4. No recruiting comments or allegations of KHSAA rules violations by any school, coach, player or booster are allowed. No comments about where any player lives, has lived, or where they are from in a recruiting context. This is not the place to report KHSAA violations. Feel free to contact Kentucky High School Athletic Association | KHSAA – Student-athletes of Today, Leaders of Tomorrow to report such violations, but do not discuss violations here.

4 hours ago, The Oracle said:

I wonder if he was deeply-bothered by his niece, from Ohio, playing for Coach Richey last year at Highlands?  The good news, in BOTH cases, no rule was broken, but don't let that get in the way of a high horse.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, The Double Deuce said:

I wonder if he was deeply-bothered by his niece, from Ohio, playing for Coach Richey last year at Highlands?  The good news, in BOTH cases, no rule was broken, but don't let that get in the way of a high horse. 

He wasn't bothered, Double-Duece, Northern Kentucky was bothered.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jack of all Trades said:

From what I have gathered over the last few months, Highlands is not the only team in NKY making a statement per se.  This is an NKY issue and not a Highlands issue, that is all that I am going to say.  If the rolls were reversed, the same would be coming out of Park Hills much like it was in the Dale Mueller era of football.  Similar thing happened where NKY teams pretty much refused to play Highlands except for district opponents and Ryle.

Much like it was in the Dale Mueller era of football? How do you figure? CCH has played Highlands in football every single year for like 50 years. And the basketball teams played each other during the regular season every year Dale was coaching football. We weren't whining about having to play football against Highlands during the regular season. Or does your Fort Thomas intel state otherwise?

1 minute ago, The Oracle said:

Much like it was in the Dale Mueller era of football? How do you figure? CCH has played Highlands in football every single year for like 50 years. And the basketball teams played each other during the regular season every year Dale was coaching football. We weren't whining about having to play Highlands during the regular season. Or does your Fort Thomas intel state otherwise?

I am not revealing what I was told in here.  I will again state this is an NKY issue, nothing more nothing less as evidenced by the numerous teams not on their schedule this year.  Just an odd time for it to happen.

As for football comment, nobody in NKY would play Highlands in those days except for district opponents and Ryle.  Yes there were people complaining from CovCath land about all of the players Highlands had from outside the district, though they were from Kentucky.  

30 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

I am not revealing what I was told in here.  I will again state this is an NKY issue, nothing more nothing less as evidenced by the numerous teams not on their schedule this year.  Just an odd time for it to happen.

As for football comment, nobody in NKY would play Highlands in those days except for district opponents and Ryle.  Yes there were people complaining from CovCath land about all of the players Highlands had from outside the district, though they were from Kentucky.

Of course you won't reveal anything. I'm just entertained that you know so much more about what CCH people think than, ya know, CCH people.

You can say NKY has a problem all you want when in reality it's a personal problem a small handful of coaches share. Let's name some names too. Cooper, Highlands, Campbell County, Newport and Scott all decided to take the ball and go home. Newport, Scott and Campbell allegedly started it last year, although I've heard a couple of times that at least one of those games was axed from the schedule because of COVID. Ee still ended up with a fine schedule. Ruthsatz wasn't looking to schedule Ryle, Boone, Ludlow, Bellevue, Dayton, Walton, Lloyd, Villa or Brossart this season. Dixie, St Henry, Conner, NCC all ended up scheduling non district games with CCH for this year. I'm good with that.

I'm disappointed not to see Cooper and Highlands on the schedule this year just because Cooper was a challenge for a good stretch of years and Highlands is always a big rivalry game that the kids in the schools looked forward to. Those are a loss.

CCH beat Highlands 3 times in '92 and mysteriously Highlands didn't want a regular season game in '93. They picked the game back up when Listerman was a junior at CCH because it was a good rivalry game. Liisterman got to enjoy that rivalry as a player. I guess he didn't want to offer that same opportunity to his own players because, you know, it's not fair for out of state kids to play for CCH even though his out of state niece is playing at his school.

Good luck to Highlands with their schedule this year. It doesn't look bad at all. See you in the 9th Region tourney. Bring your elephant tusk.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

16 minutes ago, The Oracle said:

Of course you won't reveal anything. I'm just entertained that you know so much more about what CCH people think than, ya know, CCH people.

You can say NKY has a problem all you want when in reality it's a personal problem a small handful of coaches share. Let's name some names too. Cooper, Highlands, Campbell County, Newport and Scott all decided to take the ball and go home. Newport, Scott and Campbell allegedly started it last year, although I've heard a couple of times that at least one of those games was axed from the schedule because of COVID. Ee still ended up with a fine schedule. Ruthsatz wasn't looking to schedule Ryle, Boone, Ludlow, Bellevue, Dayton, Walton, Lloyd, Villa or Brossart this season. Dixie, St Henry, Conner, NCC all ended up scheduling non district games with CCH for this year. I'm good with that.

I'm disappointed not to see Cooper and Highlands on the schedule this year just because Cooper was a challenge for a good stretch of years and Highlands is always a big rivalry game that the kids in the schools looked forward to. Those are a loss.

CCH beat Highlands 3 times in '92 and mysteriously Highlands didn't want a regular season game in '93. They picked the game back up when Listerman was a junior at CCH because it was a good rivalry game. Liisterman got to enjoy that rivalry as a player. I guess he didn't want to offer that same opportunity to his own players because, you know, it's not fair for out of state kids to play for CCH even though his out of state niece is playing at his school.

Good luck to Highlands with their schedule this year. It doesn't look bad at all. See you in the 9th Region tourney. Bring your elephant tusk.

Basketball Dunk GIF - Basketball Dunk GIFs

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, The Oracle said:

Seems as though the “butt hurtness” is more so coming from the Cov Cath faithful than Listerman.

I can assure you the logic behind the schedule has nothing to do with players from across the river playing in Park Hills.  The Cov Cath act is wearing thin across the region.  Why else are other private schools refusing to play them? St X? Lex Cath? Trinity? It’s not a coincidence.

Bottom line, Highlands can schedule whoever they want, or not schedule whoever they want for ANY reason.

1 minute ago, throwback32 said:

Seems as though the “butt hurtness” is more so coming from the Cov Cath faithful than Listerman.

I can assure you the logic behind the schedule has nothing to do with players from across the river playing in Park Hills.  The Cov Cath act is wearing thin across the region.  Why else are other private schools refusing to play them? St X? Lex Cath? Trinity? It’s not a coincidence.

Bottom line, Highlands can schedule whoever they want, or not schedule whoever they want for ANY reason.

*not JUST about players from across the river, I’ll correct myself….

22 hours ago, theguru said:

Basketball Dunk GIF - Basketball Dunk GIFs

This is a great post!!  Not only because I honestly believe that HHS should play CCH this year and every year (I know the kids want to play), but also because it means that theguru is okay with someone blathering on about the Listerman girl being from Ohio.  That should also mean that the following is okay to post here as there's no suggestion of wrongdoing, just a simple question similar to the Oracle's statements about Listerman.

The following is the CCH basketball roster from last year sorted by total points.  How far down this list do you have to go to find someone that went to a Catholic Middle School anywhere in Kentucky? Maybe Murphy (#6 on the list at 3.3 ppg), but not sure.  Regarding just kids from Ohio, I think Rylee is a KY kid, again maybe Murphy.  So maybe 2 of the top 7 live in KY.  This table was pasted directly from the KHSAA site, sorry if it's a little hard to read.

Scoring
Jersey Player Games
Played
2-point
Field
Goals
Scored
3-point
Field
Goals
Scored
Free