Georgia 30 Kentucky 13

16thBBall Fan

Cats were out manned today. The losses of two starting D-linemen sure didn't help either.

UGA defenses was crazy fast today and UK got less YAC than any game I can recall. UGA didn't a great job tackling all day.

Luckily UK will not play another defense anywhere near that good. This game could be a good springboard for the rest of the season.

That last TD was a great call by Stoops...it ended a tough game with a positive. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Cats were out manned today. The losses of two starting D-linemen sure didn't help either.

UGA defenses was crazy fast today and UK got less YAC than any game I can recall. UGA didn't a great job tackling all day.

Luckily UK will not play another defense anywhere near that good. This game could be a good springboard for the rest of the season.

That last TD was a great call by Stoops...it ended a tough game with a positive. 

I agree, probably a moral victory of sorts, but I agree.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, nikeman49 said:

Never get to the top or even be considered a top SEC team if afraid to throw the ball down the field!

Think maybe Georgia defense had the receivers blanketed down field?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nikeman49 said:

Maybe so at times, but still have to take a chance several times to win.

They took a few shots and the receivers were never close to being open. The Georgia pass rush also didn't give much time to allow deeper routes to develop. 

UK also completed or threw several passes in the 10 to 15 yard range. Normally those when completed can go for another 10 to 15 yards after the catch. Georgia tackled just about every receiver at the spot where they caught the ball. The lack of YAC makes the passing game look worse than it really was.

Biggest issue on offense was perimeter blocking. Backs, Receivers and Tight Ends didn't do a great job blocking for each other.