Georgia 30 Kentucky 13

16thBBall Fan

From Les Dixon on Facebook:

My observations while in the Sunshine state on the UK loss.
1. Kentucky is really good. Probably a 10-win or 11-win season in store. Not sure if they’ll play in a Major Bowl yet or not.
2. The better team won. Which for UK, they never quit. Really impressed with the way they kept fighting.
3. UK is probably a top 15 team in reality. Can play with most teams in the top 10.
4. Not that it matters but why wear a Chrome helmet? And why wear a Chrome helmet with a white decal? Wear a blue decal and let folks know who is playing Georgia. Chrome helmets are overrated. 
5. I was actually pulling for UK because I’ve got some buddies that are die hard fans that I’d love to have seen UK win just for them.
6. Don’t jump off the bandwagon, this UK team is good.
7. Of course, you know me, I’ve got to throw a little jab. With Georgia putting an end to UK’s SEC title hopes, will UK fans be cheering on Georgia and saying “Go Dawgs”, or stick with their seasonal “Roll Tide” chant?

I know that Coach Stoops could never say this, but I suspect that by scoring that last TD he didn't mind sticking it to the Georgia fans who he probably knew had bet on UGA to cover the spread.

And I LOVE it!!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bluto said:

I know that Coach Stoops could never say this, but I suspect that by scoring that last TD he didn't mind sticking it to the Georgia fans who he probably knew had bet on UGA to cover the spread.

And I LOVE it!!

I look at the last drive as Kentucky doing what is best for Kentucky and managing to put together a super long drive that resulted in a touchdown is a good thing for Kentucky moving forward.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, theguru said:

I look at the last drive as Kentucky doing what is best for Kentucky and managing to put together a super long drive that resulted in a touchdown is a good thing for Kentucky moving forward.

Agreed. And I'm also saying that people often have multiple reasons and motivations for doing things.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bluto said:

Agreed. And I'm also saying that people often have multiple reasons and motivations for doing things.

I am sure the beating the spread moral victory was a thought a lot of people from Kentucky had, especially on that last drive. 

I believe myself to be a pretty unbiassed Kentucky fan. Rarely will I claim the officials are one sided, or give commentators a hard time, but am I the only one who felt like the commentary was abysmally one sided for almost the entire game? I understand that Georgia is the best team in the country, and as a commentator you are going to call the game that way, but it seemed to me that they were calling the game as if Kentucky won a make-a-wish opportunity. Maybe I am not as unbiassed as I believe, but I thought that Gary Danielson was HORRIBLE and Nessler wasn't much better.

• Like 1

On 10/17/2021 at 12:19 AM, theguru said:

4. Not that it matters but why wear a Chrome helmet? And why wear a Chrome helmet with a white decal? Wear a blue decal and let folks know who is playing Georgia. Chrome helmets are overrated. 

If there's anything I like less than a chrome helmet, it's a chrome helmet with a light-colored decal. Those helmets looked top-notch bad on Saturday, and especially so when combined white jerseys and white pants.

I find myself underwhelmed with UK's football and basketball unis more seasons than not. And I'm definitely ready for the checkerboard thing to be a part of the past.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

If there's anything I like less than a chrome helmet, it's a chrome helmet with a light-colored decal. Those helmets looked top-notch bad on Saturday, and especially so when combined white jerseys and white pants.

Yeah, UK's chrome helmets are pretty bad. 

If they want to go with a chrome look, it needs to be blue chrome. 

• Like 1