Jaguars at Bengals (9/30) Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Jaguars
    • Bengals

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/01/2021 at 12:30 AM

9 hours ago, nkypete said:

Trap game.

Possibly, but I don't think so.  And the reason why I say that, is the Burrow-factor.  While he'll never say it aloud, I think he'll be driven to show that last year's #1 is better than this year's.  Plus, it'll also give him an opportunity to stick it to Urban about how things ended up at OSU.  I think his teammates will rally around that "unspoken" motivation.  

1 hour ago, CincySportsFan said:

Possibly, but I don't think so.  And the reason why I say that, is the Burrow-factor.  While he'll never say it aloud, I think he'll be driven to show that last year's #1 is better than this year's.  Plus, it'll also give him an opportunity to stick it to Urban about how things ended up at OSU.  I think his teammates will rally around that "unspoken" motivation.  

Ok, maybe I will say "potential" trap game.  How much will the rest of the team prepare mentally for this game or will they let the Thursday night lights get to them?  Will Lawrence have his coming out party?  If the Bengals take care of business in 3 days, that will say more to me than the win against the Steelers yesterday.

1 hour ago, nkypete said:

Ok, maybe I will say "potential" trap game.  How much will the rest of the team prepare mentally for this game or will they let the Thursday night lights get to them?  Will Lawrence have his coming out party?  If the Bengals take care of business in 3 days, that will say more to me than the win against the Steelers yesterday.

Last year the Bengals just looked different in prime time than they use to look under Marvin and Dalton. 

The Thursday Night game against the Browns Burrow and the team didn’t look afraid of the moment at all. Then the Steelers game with Finley, they obviously didn’t hide from the lights. 

In regards to Steeler games and prime time and all that. I do think the Bengals with the current group of players have shown well in moments they use to fold in. 

5 hours ago, nkypete said:

I think if Burrow takes the preparation seriously, most everyone else will follow suit.  I think he's a leader by example.  And I think Vonn Bell and Sam Hubbard will be fired up to to play against their former coach, and that'll be infectious, as well.

I could be completely wrong, and they come out and lay a turd.  But the fact there's already 3 games of tape to look at on Lawrence, I feel much better, given the way our D has played so far.