Baylor 86 Gonzaga 70 (NCAA Championship)

16thBBall Fan

5 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

This Baylor team truly was a great team! Champions over the last 10 years would have a difficult time against this team. 

They seem to play so fundamentally well, especially on D. Great closeouts. And when they went zone it seemed like they were talking and pointing out cutters. Pretty impressive.

Very solid team and well deserved champions.

Plus they netted me a little cash tonight haha!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It’s a big pet peeve of mine when a coach acts like he and his team are above calling timeouts to stop a run. I texted a buddy that Few needed to call timeout when it was 7-0 all of 1:48 into the game. But he gambled that they’d pull out of it on their own and instead they drowned. It was 11-1 when the media break came, and 16-4 when he finally called a timeout of his own. Compare that with Drew who called it to stop a 10-3 run when it went from 19 down to 12 in just under 3 minutes. He knew you don’t mess around with momentum. They went on a 7-2 burst immediately after. 

Gonzaga never got closer than the 7 points they trailed by 1:48 into the game. And they only touched being down 7 once more after, when they hit a three to make it 11-4. 

• Like 3

Gonzaga looked like they hadn’t played against a top 25 caliber team in about three months. They weren’t ready for the speed or pace. Don’t want to hear about them being “emotionally drained” after a battle with an 11 seed.

Congrats to Baylor. Talk about a program that was in as low of a place as you can go. Victory must taste sweet for Bears’ nation.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Remember that time they didnt use Luther Vandross' version of One Shining Moment? That was stupid. Love that tradition.

I think about that every year. The worst part of that particular one was the cutaways to show Jennifer Hudson singing. No offense to her, but she is not what we want to see in One Shining Moment. That’s before even touching on the perfection of Luther’s version. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Anthony said:

Man if Drew can get those guys to go to Waco, imagine what he will do in Lexington.

If UK fans knew their team recruiting rankings were going to be 81, 36, 128, 28, and 9 (last five years per 247) in successive seasons and would heavily rely upon transfers, they would demand the coach's resignation before he could sign on the dotted line.

This was the first title for the state of Texas since 1966 (Texas Western).

• Like 1