No clue where Danville goes but no established coach will touch this one. Clevinger just won a state title two years ago. 

• Like 1

I agree. Who would come into this hornets nest right now unless it is a relative or good friend of a person in charge. They need to hire Clay back and get rid of the super and principal. Anyone else that was part of this needs to go also!

Clay is a wonderful coach and very good friend. I hate this. 

Having said that, the next coach should be able to ask for anything and get it. The Danville administration is in a bad spot. They have to do everything in their power to make the next coach successful, or a bad situation will get even tougher and uglier. 

100% opinion.... if the next coach is NOT successful... merger talk will increase substantially.

Most school admin will not admit this truth.... success on the football field can be a very important driver for the entire school system. That success also is a huge part of building a positive school culture in the classroom and elsewhere. 

Many of your top academic schools are top football schools. That is not a coincidence. 

I'll never be a superintendent... .but if I was, football would be a huge priority because that would benefit my entire school system. 

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, ChiefSmoke said:

Having said that, the next coach should be able to ask for anything and get it. The Danville administration is in a bad spot. They have to do everything in their power to make the next coach successful, or a bad situation will get even tougher and uglier. 

100% opinion.... if the next coach is NOT successful... merger talk will increase substantially.

Most school admin will not admit this truth.... success on the football field can be a very important driver for the entire school system. That success also is a huge part of building a positive school culture in the classroom and elsewhere. 

Many of your top academic schools are top football schools. That is not a coincidence. 

I'll never be a superintendent... .but if I was, football would be a huge priority because that would benefit my entire school system. 

Preach it @ChiefSmoke!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, ChiefSmoke said:

I really wish more admin realized this truth or at least coached at some point in their careers.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, FormerColonel92 said:

I really wish more admin realized this truth or at least coached at some point in their careers.

Well....many of them realize it, but will never say it. They don't want the... "all you care about is athletics" label. 

And... the best ones may not verbalize it, but they take the necessary steps to make football successful. 

Another good reason I don't need to be a superintendent... I would just go ahead and say it, and make people mad. Lol 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, ChiefSmoke said:

I agree with all of this.  Probably also explains why there is suddenly a job posting for the weightlifting position that was a cut a while back.

• Like 1

Just now, DanvilleFan said:

I agree with all of this.  Probably also explains why there is suddenly a job posting for the weightlifting position that was a cut a while back.

That's another cycle that repeats itself. 

I always thought Mercer did more to support football AFTER Coach French left. I always wondered how good it could have been if they had given him that support and he had stayed. 

I am biased, but Coach French coached for my Dad, was my HS coach, & I worked for him for two seasons.  He was and is a great football coach.

Ironically, Clay worked for him also. And, Chuck Smith did as well. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

I guess spelling isn't required. 😀

FB_IMG_1612990851251.jpg

What an embarrassment. 

• Like 6

Any chance Brian Rowland applies? He’s a DHS alum and the DC at Mercer County. 

18 hours ago, WestDanville said:

Any chance Brian Rowland applies? He’s a DHS alum and the DC at Mercer County. 

I sure hope not. Brian is no longer our DC but he is an assistant principal at the HS. I would hate to lose him in that role. He came to Mercer in 2005. He loves our kids, is a great guy and hard worker. Sure hope we keep him. 

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, ChiefSmoke said:

I sure hope not. Brian is no longer our DC but he is an assistant principal at the HS. I would hate to lose him in that role. He came to Mercer in 2005. He loves our kids, is a great guy and hard worker. Sure hope we keep him. 

I would doubt he would leave an admin role. Thank you for the update! 

• Like 2

You can read between the lines on what the administration complaints may have been. That is some specific requirements they have listed. Spelling or none....

First name I’ve heard from a person close to the program is Forrest Garner. OL/TE coach at Campbellsville University. Not sure if he just applied or if that’s who they want. 

• Thanks 1

Important Information

By using the site you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use Policies.