Open Job: Danville

Danville returns a some really good upperclassmen who have started for a couple of years.  I think they will be better but the trouble is that they are in the same district as LCA who might have their best team ever next year.  Plus Somerset who loses some good players but also return some really good ones.  If they were in a different district I think they play until the 3rd or 4th round.  But with the district they are in, they will be going home after playoff week 2 or maybe ever week 1. 

I haven't said it in a while, but I hate the intra-district first and second rounds. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BEChargers said:

Danville returns a some really good upperclassmen who have started for a couple of years.  I think they will be better but the trouble is that they are in the same district as LCA who might have their best team ever next year.  Plus Somerset who loses some good players but also return some really good ones.  If they were in a different district I think they play until the 3rd or 4th round.  But with the district they are in, they will be going home after playoff week 2 or maybe ever week 1. 

I haven't said it in a while, but I hate the intra-district first and second rounds. 

I couldn’t agree more with the intradistrict playoff format. I feel like it really holds lesser teams back from growing and firmly established teams on top. The state has RPI, surely they could divide it East/West and seed teams according to RPI. RPI Seeding gives 3/4 seed teams in elite districts a chance to win a playoff game which is a huge boost for their program. 

i hope Danville finds the right guy, it’s a program I’ve always admired 

• Like 2

Locally here there has been a HUGE groundswell of support for Coach Clevenger.  Many  sponsors of Danville athletics have publicly been pledging to cease their financial support with the termination of Coach Clevenger.  Including Bob Allen Motor Group who is the title sponsor of their bowl.  I stated in a previous post that Danville's Superintendent is in year 3 of a 4 year contract and has little hope of the contract being renewed.  She may indeed continue to play her fiddle as Danville's stadium burns but I'm starting to think there may actually be enough community support to undo the termination.  Something I didn't think was possible until a few days ago.  But when the money stops, things can change.  If you want to keep up with the new developments just follow Larry Vaught on Facebook.  He and a couple of others are leading the charge. 

I thought Coach Clevenger might actually end up at Boyle or Mercer and be rehired when a new Super is hired in 18 months or so.  But I'm not so sure there might not be a chance he gets his job back sooner. 

• Like 3

The above statement is based on another coach taking the job on an interim basis which I know probably won't happen.  It's just a thought.  There is always someone willing to take the HC spot even in troubling circumstances, but this is going to be a tough job to fill. 

44 minutes ago, BEChargers said:

Locally here there has been a HUGE groundswell of support for Coach Clevenger.  Many  sponsors of Danville athletics have publicly been pledging to cease their financial support with the termination of Coach Clevenger.  Including Bob Allen Motor Group who is the title sponsor of their bowl.  I stated in a previous post that Danville's Superintendent is in year 3 of a 4 year contract and has little hope of the contract being renewed.  She may indeed continue to play her fiddle as Danville's stadium burns but I'm starting to think there may actually be enough community support to undo the termination.  Something I didn't think was possible until a few days ago.  But when the money stops, things can change.  If you want to keep up with the new developments just follow Larry Vaught on Facebook.  He and a couple of others are leading the charge. 

I thought Coach Clevenger might actually end up at Boyle or Mercer and be rehired when a new Super is hired in 18 months or so.  But I'm not so sure there might not be a chance he gets his job back sooner. 

Same here, and I HOPE like no other that this happens. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

I can't imagine taking the job again unless the people that fired me were gone. That would be an incredibly toxic environment. 

Granted....it was two years from the time I was fired (was then stated/made public I resigned), but the same Superintendent that fired me in December of 2014 at LaRue County was the same one that reached out, "ok'ed" on hiring me back in April of 2017.

I never hesitated on taking the job back. I worked for him again just for the first year back, 2017-2018.

We squashed things. Shook hands. Moved on.  

But again....it was a 2 year hiatus deal there, not the matter of weeks/month(s).

I hope it happens. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Harry Doyle said:

Granted....it was two years from the time I was fired (was then stated/made public I resigned), but the same Superintendent that fired me in December of 2014 at LaRue County was the same one that reached out, "ok'ed" on hiring me back in April of 2017.

I never hesitated on taking the job back. I worked for him again just for the first year back, 2017-2018.

We squashed things. Shook hands. Moved on.  

But again....it was a 2 year hiatus deal there, not the matter of weeks/month(s).

I hope it happens. 

Sounds like the community feels like it's in the best interest of the kids/program for Coach to return, that would just be a tough situation. 

7 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

I can't imagine taking the job again unless the people that fired me were gone. That would be an incredibly toxic environment. 

Rumors are rumors but I hear there is no chance that she has her contract renewed.  So the person that is firing him will most likely not be there.