January 21, 20215 yr Author 25 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said: Askew played so awful tonight. The whole team had so many just bad turnovers. I like Allen and we need his shooting ability but tonight sure made it seem like he is an atrcious passer. Sarr might be my least favorite player while player under Cal. Between him and Ryan Harrow. Hagans for the trifecta. At least we saw a glimpse of Boston. This team has no shot but I will still watch every game. Even with them sucking, I still look forward to watching them. With you on this all the way MJ, since ‘68!!
January 21, 20215 yr Author 2 minutes ago, futurecoach said: That 28 losses to unranked teams seems like a whole lot. However, there are also a lot of games in a college basketball season. So I decided to look at another top program with the best coach of all time, just to see in comparison how many times they lost to an unranked team since 2016. Which after looking Duke since 2016 has lost to 21 unranked teams. Obviously 21 is not as much as 28. But the 21 is probably a lot more than people would have initially thought when talking about Duke. Just shows that those losses to unranked teams just add up. With obviously for UK, a lot of those losses are happening this year currently. Good point!
January 21, 20215 yr 45 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said: Pretty easy to switch that. I believe Toppin was guarding the screener. Just let the man right by him. So dumb. Really lousy defense there for sure.
January 21, 20215 yr I worry we’re near the point where Cal can’t come back after verbally sparring with so many fans.
January 21, 20215 yr 3 hours ago, John Anthony said: I worry we’re near the point where Cal can’t come back after verbally sparring with so many fans. His choice or Barnhart's?
January 21, 20215 yr 5 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said: His choice or Barnhart's? No way he's on the hot seat with Mitch. But a number of fans have turned on him.
January 21, 20215 yr 34 minutes ago, Randy Parker said: No way he's on the hot seat with Mitch. But a number of fans have turned on him. Those fans are making the job harder for Cal and anyone who might follow him.
January 21, 20215 yr 11 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said: Those fans are making the job harder for Cal and anyone who might follow him. Agreed.
January 21, 20215 yr 1 hour ago, Randy Parker said: No way he's on the hot seat with Mitch. But a number of fans have turned on him. Yeah, I had to talk one of my good friends, who is a huge UK fan off the fire Cal ledge last night. We just gotta chalk this season up, as annoying as that is, and hope that we have a rock solid 2021-2022 team.
January 21, 20215 yr So up 6 points with less than two minutes remaining, instead of running a set play and eating the shot clock up, Cai calls to spread the floor and let our point guard that probably leads the nation in turnovers go to the hole or let Boston go to the hole which is all he knows to do. These kids have no leader, a very incompetent coach in real game situations, and no discipline at all with the young players or experienced ones as well.This will continue as long as Cal remains in charge. Looks like he may need another raise!!
January 21, 20215 yr 11 hours ago, futurecoach said: That 28 losses to unranked teams seems like a whole lot. However, there are also a lot of games in a college basketball season. So I decided to look at another top program with the best coach of all time, just to see in comparison how many times they lost to an unranked team since 2016. Which after looking Duke since 2016 has lost to 21 unranked teams. Obviously 21 is not as much as 28. But the 21 is probably a lot more than people would have initially thought when talking about Duke. Just shows that those losses to unranked teams just add up. With obviously for UK, a lot of those losses are happening this year currently. Why is it always Duke? I am giving you a hard time as I agree with you but you always use Coach K. when wanting to show how other great coaches have problems and now you use Duke for this comparison. ?
January 21, 20215 yr 9 minutes ago, cincyswords said: Why is it always Duke? I am giving you a hard time as I agree with you but you always use Coach K. when wanting to show how other great coaches have problems and now you use Duke for this comparison. ? Pretty easy answer to that question, because Coach K is the greatest of all-time. His program is also probably the most successful in the last 30 years, thus the easiest and best example to use. I'd imagine if someone took the time to look up UNC, UL, Mich St. or etc. the numbers would reflect the point even more.
January 21, 20215 yr I think this shows how important an experienced and capable point guard is to especially a young team.
January 21, 20215 yr 11 minutes ago, doomer said: I think this shows how important an experienced and capable point guard is to especially a young team. Wasn't Mintz supposed to be one of those? Problem is, he turned out to be their only consistently offensive player, so Cal has had to play him off the ball more. We struggle keeping those around because they get too good and leave.
January 21, 20215 yr CALs seat will be warm after this season. We could finish the season with the worst record ever for a KY team. If theirs a mass exodus after a woeful season and he has another next the fan base will help him pack.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.