Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Georgia 63 Kentucky 62

Featured Replies

Did anyone else notice on the final play that Boston could have easily slid over and helped on the defender? He just simply watched. I do not want to pile on the guy, because he played pretty well offensively, but I just hate the lack of effort in crunch time.

  • Replies 48
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Tomcats1990 said:

CALs seat will be warm after this season.

Not with anyone that matters. 

In addition to being bad, the Cats also seem to be snake-bitten.

1 hour ago, Tomcats1990 said:

CALs seat will be warm after this season. We could finish the season with the worst record ever for a KY team. If theirs a mass exodus after a woeful season and he has another next the fan base will help him pack.

It will not be warm after this season, no matter how this season ends.

Now if we have a repeat next year, then I'll agree with you that its starting to get warm.  I suspect Cal walks away from UK before ever getting fired.

1 hour ago, NKYCoach859 said:

Did anyone else notice on the final play that Boston could have easily slid over and helped on the defender? He just simply watched. I do not want to pile on the guy, because he played pretty well offensively, but I just hate the lack of effort in crunch time.

Yeah I noticed Boston there.  My frustration on the play is Toppin, who I believe was guarding the screener.

31 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

It will not be warm after this season, no matter how this season ends.

Now if we have a repeat next year, then I'll agree with you that its starting to get warm.  I suspect Cal walks away from UK before ever getting fired.

Aside from gross negligence or malfeasance, it would be unprecedented for a school to fire a coach for performance with his track record after one bad season. And please don't give me the "he hasn't been to a Final Four in 5 years, he sucks" comments. "Bad season" as in what UK is enduring this year, not failing to fulfill your unrealistic expectations of what UK should be.

Obviously not talking to you here, MJ, just adding on to your point.

I also think coaches will get the benefit of the doubt with COVID. Misery loves company. Granted, they are not UK bad, but when you have Duke and UNC out of the top 25 as well, that bolsters this case.

My buddy said that KSR had a stat today on Donate Allen.  He's played 187 minutes so far this zero with a whopping 0 assists.

12 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

My buddy said that KSR had a stat today on Donate Allen.  He's played 187 minutes so far this zero with a whopping 0 assists.

He has to shoot when he touches it, being the best shooter on the team and a coach that can’t get the best shooter on the team a look!

  • Author

You can just see it on these kids faces, they believe they’re going to lose and until that changes they probably will!!

23 minutes ago, nikeman49 said:

He has to shoot when he touches it, being the best shooter on the team and a coach that can’t get the best shooter on the team a look!

Your comments are tired. 

He's ran several plays for Allen in recent games since he blew up.  Sometimes they fall and sometimes they don't.

He's specifically ran the same play multiple games which finishes with Allen running between two KY bigs, who close to set a double screen leaving Allen with a wing three.  They run a similar play which leaves him with a look at the top of the key.

 

27 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Your comments are tired. 

He's ran several plays for Allen in recent games since he blew up.  Sometimes they fall and sometimes they don't.

He's specifically ran the same play multiple games which finishes with Allen running between two KY bigs, who close to set a double screen leaving Allen with a wing three.  They run a similar play which leaves him with a look at the top of the key.

 

Yep. Let's be 100. Allen can shoot the rock. But if you are looking for him to do much more than that on either end of the court it is not going to end well. Not that things are going well now, but you know what I mean.

Some people may disagree but I think Allen showed last night a glimpse that maybe he's not quite ready to be "The Guy". I am not saying for certain, just that last night was an argument against him getting a ton of minutes.

He struggles defensively, is limited as an offensive threat, and extremely limited with his passing. He has to be a guy that gets 10-12 shots a night but can't play long stretches because he's a liability, in my opinion. 
 

I guess the counter argument is most everyone is a defensive liability at this point so play him because he can at least shoot. Frustrating, for sure.

28 minutes ago, bugatti said:

Yep. Let's be 100. Allen can shoot the rock. But if you are looking for him to do much more than that on either end of the court it is not going to end well. Not that things are going well now, but you know what I mean.

I wish I would have seen this post earlier. I said basically the same thing right below it ?‍♂️

9 minutes ago, NKYCoach859 said:

Some people may disagree but I think Allen showed last night a glimpse that maybe he's not quite ready to be "The Guy". I am not saying for certain, just that last night was an argument against him getting a ton of minutes.

He struggles defensively, is limited as an offensive threat, and extremely limited with his passing. He has to be a guy that gets 10-12 shots a night but can't play long stretches because he's a liability, in my opinion. 
 

I guess the counter argument is most everyone is a defensive liability at this point so play him because he can at least shoot. Frustrating, for sure.

I agree with both you and @bugatti.  I think you nailed it on the head.  And Allen will hopefully keep getting better over time (meaning years).

I didn't listen to much of what Cal had to say after the game but I did hear him say something along the lines of, "Maybe people will realize now that I know my team and my guys better than anyone and I see them more than anyone and when you put guys in positions they aren't used to, often times this is the result you get".

I paraphrased that but I think he was definitely referring to Allen there and his play last night.

21 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

I agree with both you and @bugatti.  I think you nailed it on the head.  And Allen will hopefully keep getting better over time (meaning years).

I didn't listen to much of what Cal had to say after the game but I did hear him say something along the lines of, "Maybe people will realize now that I know my team and my guys better than anyone and I see them more than anyone and when you put guys in positions they aren't used to, often times this is the result you get".

I paraphrased that but I think he was definitely referring to Allen there and his play last night.

Yes CAL blaming fans and media for changing the starting lineup and it not working. 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.