Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Alabama 85 Kentucky 65

Featured Replies

  • Replies 45
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, futurecoach said:

That was a beat down. Offensively UK couldn’t do anything, and defensively Bama basically was able to do whatever they wanted. 
 

Usually this would be a good learning opportunity, since for a new team playing against this style the first time can be tough. However, with how bad of a start UK had to this year. UK doesn’t have the luxury to have anymore learning experiences in losses. 
 

The slight room for error UK had for this year, just for a little smaller with this type of lost. 

Their only recourse to get in the tournament at this point is to either win out or win the SEC tournament.   I guess we'll see if your mantra that you repeat ad nauseam of Calipari always having them playing their best in March is true-- because that's the only way they're getting in.   

39 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Play zone. 

They did a little bit last night with mixed results. With UK's length I think it would be worthwhile, but you have to (somewhat) commit to it other than simply going to it as a last resort.

Just now, bugatti said:

They did a little bit last night with mixed results. With UK's length I think it would be worthwhile, but you have to (somewhat) commit to it other than simply going to it as a last resort.

Agree. 

1 minute ago, Carl Spackler said:

Their only recourse to get in the tournament at this point is to either win out or win the SEC tournament.   I guess we'll see if your mantra that you repeat ad nauseam of Calipari always having them playing their best in March is true-- because that's the only way they're getting in.   

It may be true this year, but it may not be good enough. Last night was a step-back, no doubt, but I don't believe UK is as bad as they showed last night, nor as good as what we saw at Florida.

I wasn't a fan of putting Brooks in the starting lineup. Not yet at least. Jackson can be a tone setter for the team and I like his energy to kick start the team.

1 hour ago, TheDeuce said:

Play zone. 

Completely agree and stated such.

But we weren't talking about the best way to defend them when you quoted me.  We were talking about how nikeman49 stated that "athletes can always defend" and I think that's far from true.

4 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

Their only recourse to get in the tournament at this point is to either win out or win the SEC tournament.   I guess we'll see if your mantra that you repeat ad nauseam of Calipari always having them playing their best in March is true-- because that's the only way they're getting in.   

Well that mantra has been true every year They were making positive steps towards that this year, last night was a step back though. 
 

I said before they started SEC play that they had very little room error the rest of the year. Then I repeated that again. 
 

I don’t think they have to win out in the SEC, I think losing only 3 or 4 would still work and could possibly win the conference with that. Which to do that, they are going to have to collect some wins against a Bama in the rematch, Tennessee, LSU, etc. Which they better play much better than last night, or else it won’t matter.

4 hours ago, bugatti said:

I wasn't a fan of putting Brooks in the starting lineup. Not yet at least. Jackson can be a tone setter for the team and I like his energy to kick start the team.

Jackson has not started the last few games. 

18 hours ago, John Anthony said:

Largest home loss of the Cal era.

Largest home loss since 87-88 season. 

2 minutes ago, Tomcats1990 said:

Largest home loss since 87-88 season. 

Is that bad? That seems bad. 

2 minutes ago, DragonFire said:

Is that bad? That seems bad. 

Well Sutton was our Coach. Pitino Tubby even BG didn’t get torched at RUPP like CAL and these Cats did last night. Ridiculous. 

19 minutes ago, Tomcats1990 said:

Well Sutton was our Coach. Pitino Tubby even BG didn’t get torched at RUPP like CAL and these Cats did last night. Ridiculous. 

Just curious for conversation sake, what's the least amount of fans Pitino, Tubby or BG's teams played in front of at Rupp?

20 hours ago, Tomcats1990 said:

Well Sutton was our Coach. Pitino Tubby even BG didn’t get torched at RUPP like CAL and these Cats did last night. Ridiculous. 

I thought back in the early 90's Kansas destroyed UK in Rupp, by line 40 pts?  Or was that not in Rupp?

14 minutes ago, Bert said:

I thought back in the early 90's Kansas destroyed UK in Rupp, by line 40 pts?  Or was that not in Rupp?

It was 150-95 but it occurred at Phog Allen.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.