Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Alabama 85 Kentucky 65

Featured Replies

1 hour ago, sportsfan41 said:

Brooks was trying to do too much, the rest of the team was non aggressive and borderline complacent.  Ware should have gotten more minutes. He is physical every time he is on the court and UK was severely lacking that last night. 

Problem with Ware would have been on the defensive side, since Bama usually had five guys who could drive and shoot. With that said, it is not like really anyone did well on defense.  So he couldn’t have done much worst. Usually though this would have been a touch matchup for him. 

  • Replies 45
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, nikeman49 said:

How about not the heart to defend it?

Maybe? But I do not believe the kids lack heart. I think they were playing on their heels at all times, worried about penetration so it looks like they are not trying when really it is they are just hesitant. Which, in my opinion, comes back to the lack of skill to properly defend it.

2 hours ago, mcpapa said:

7 assists and 19 turnovers is not a recipe for success.   

So many of those turnovers were just atrocious too.  So bad.

2 hours ago, sportsfan41 said:

Brooks was trying to do too much, the rest of the team was non aggressive and borderline complacent.  Ware should have gotten more minutes. He is physical every time he is on the court and UK was severely lacking that last night. 

I felt the same about Brooks.  I don't blame him but he does need to let the game come a little more to him.

Ware wouldn't have been able to keep up defensively.  It was an awful match up for him.  But I'd rather see him try and bang some compared to watching Sarr be super soft!

If you watch the NBA much, Alabama plays exactly like many teams do. If you are knocking down shots early, the opponent is going to be in for a long night. Typically the clock hits midnight for these teams with a few off nights from long range.

1 minute ago, bugatti said:

Maybe? But I do not believe the kids lack heart. I think they were playing on their heels at all times, worried about penetration so it looks like they are not trying when really it is they are just hesitant. Which, in my opinion, comes back to the lack of skill to properly defend it.

Ky may not have many true basketball players but the one thing they do have is athleticism and athletes can always defend and play hard and these athletes done neither last night.

14 minutes ago, bugatti said:

Oh, I think they had a scouting report. Just not the skill set to defend it.

Exactly.

Mintz, Askew, and Allen aren't quick enough to guard Alabama's players on the perimeter when they are all spread out..  Heck, Boston isn't good enough defensively either.  No chance they can play Alabama or Auburn in man-to-man.  They just don't have the personnel to do it.

Playing zone is the only option but even that is going to get them torched against a team like Alabama.  I worry we are going to see a repeat on Saturday.

UK followed up their best result of their year with arguably their worst (some credit does need to go to Bama here). They are probably somewhere in-between at this point, where most realistic people feel they are. Their peak can be a team in that 15-20 range, their valley can be mid-major.

4 minutes ago, nikeman49 said:

Ky may not have many true basketball players but the one thing they do have is athleticism and athletes can always defend and play hard and these athletes done neither last night.

Not even close to true.

Hell, playing solid defense is just as much, if not more, between the ears as it is shear athleticism.

6 minutes ago, nikeman49 said:

Ky may not have many true basketball players but the one thing they do have is athleticism and athletes can always defend and play hard and these athletes done neither last night.

I hear you, but athleticism is different than skill. Jokic may be the worst athlete in the NBA, but the dude is skilled and knows his place on the court.

35 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Not even close to true.

Hell, playing solid defense is just as much, if not more, between the ears as it is shear athleticism.

While I complete agree with you that defense is equal parts mental and physical, I'm not buying UK doesn't have the skill.

14 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

While I complete agree with you that defense is equal parts mental and physical, I'm not buying UK doesn't have the skill.

Askew, Mintz, and Allen are no where near as quick as Alabama's guards, in my opinion.  

I don't want to take anything from Bama, they played an outstanding game defensively creating 19 turnovers and shot 47% from behind the arch. Good win for Alabama at Rupp.

Just now, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Askew, Mintz, and Allen are no where near as quick as Alabama's guards, in my opinion.  

I agree but, I still think collectively as a team they should have figured something out.

3 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Askew, Mintz, and Allen are no where near as quick as Alabama's guards, in my opinion.  

Play zone. 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.