Open Job: George Rogers Clark

Coach Lewis is officially retiring from football. After a career that spanned over 30 years and included work on the assistant coaching staff of Bill McCartney at Colorado University, and high school coaching stops in Colorado, California, and three programs in Kentucky, Coach Doctor Oliver Lucas is hanging up his whistle.

Congratulations on your retirement, coach!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This could be a job that gets a lot of good candidates. Facilities have obviously been greatly upgraded, seems to be a steady stream of talent that comes through. Obviously a lot more that goes into having a good program, but those aren’t bad starting points. 

• Like 3

Congrats Coach Lucas! 

Coach Lucas was my oldest daughters teacher at Manual.  She said he always was pumping the kids up in class while challenging them as well.  One of her favorite teachers that year!  Thanks for making a difference in the lives of so many kids Coach!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Coach Stults has been the longtime #2 on the coaching staff at GRC...under multiple head coaches. I would assume he would be a favorite if he applies.

Stults would be excellent hire if he wants the job!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 1&ONLY44 said:

Stults would be excellent hire if he wants the job!

I just kind of wonder whether or not he wants it, because he's either applied and has been looked over in the past (in which case he's had no hurt feelings preventing him from staying on as an assistant), or he hasn't applied when they job has come open multiple times during his tenure at GRC.

My guess is it's the latter rather than the former.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...