January 6, 20215 yr 2 hours ago, bugatti said: Gotta ask. Why is Scottie Pippen's son's name spelled Scotty? Per this article, dad's name is officially Scotty Maurice Pippen but it was spelled with an -ie in the media. Confusing but it appears that son is accurate. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottie_Pippen
January 6, 20215 yr 2 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said: Per this article, dad's name is officially Scotty Maurice Pippen but it was spelled with an -ie in the media. Confusing but it appears that son is accurate. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottie_Pippen Things like this annoy me and I have no idea why?
January 6, 20215 yr Author 8 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said: I noticed how bad he was on defense tonight too. I guess there are plenty of reasons he didn't play the final 7 minutes. Not trying to beat down the kid, he plays for us, but he sat out the end of Mississippi State also, we probably don’t win either game if he doesn’t, he just has serious improvement ahead of him if he wants to help this team and for his future, the AAU mentality has to disappear and decision making and fight has to become better!!
January 6, 20215 yr AAU is perfect for a player like Boston and they will usually shine, but college is another level and more structured. I think eventually he will be a good player but he looks like a player that was vastly overrated on the recruiting trail and has a long way to go to reach his potential. Another couple of years of college play would do him good but he won’t go that route.
January 6, 20215 yr 15 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said: Didn't realize, Kentucky only had 2 turnovers. It's hard to wrap my mind around the fact that they only won by 3 points with so few turnovers.
January 6, 20215 yr Clarke Boston Brooks Jackson all little to no production and we have won 2 straight SEC games. Cal did do a good job of drawing up that last play. Cats are learning to close games. You can’t tell me if Allen would have played early our record would probably be 6-3 not 3-6
January 7, 20215 yr Author 5 hours ago, Tomcats1990 said: Clarke Boston Brooks Jackson all little to no production and we have won 2 straight SEC games. Cal did do a good job of drawing up that last play. Cats are learning to close games. You can’t tell me if Allen would have played early our record would probably be 6-3 not 3-6 I will agree with that statement, he certainly deserved more of a shot early than what he got, especially with how everybody else was playing!!
January 7, 20215 yr Allen becoming a reliable scorer is starting to payoff because it spaces the floor more for drives toward the basket. Prior to using him, teams were just packing it inside as we built houses with the bricks we were tossing up. Boston needs to stop thinking he can play 1-on-3 or so in these games. He's got to pass out of those situations to his teammates rather than getting the ball and trying to score with it. He seems to be a good driver/finisher so he needs to lean on that more than trying to lob jumpers too.
January 7, 20215 yr Author Saw where Cal told Allen he gave up a ton offensively in this game, I’d totally disagree with that evaluation and he probably played better defense than Boston or Clarke has in ANY game this year!! I do like the way Askew is responding, he just seems to be playing tougher with the ball and making better decisions!!
January 8, 20215 yr Brooks just cleared to play is huge. Pippen Jr said after game KY was his dream school and CAL didn’t offer him.
January 8, 20215 yr 15 hours ago, Tomcats1990 said: Pippen Jr said after game KY was his dream school and CAL didn’t offer him. I don't think anyone big really offered him. I think Vandy was the biggest name that did. HIs other offers I think were: UC Santa Barbara, UC Davis, Colorado St. and Washington St.
January 8, 20215 yr 2 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said: I don't think anyone big really offered him. I think Vandy was the biggest name that did. HIs other offers I think were: UC Santa Barbara, UC Davis, Colorado St. and Washington St. I just know Pippen Jr would look good with the rock in his hands in a Ky jersey right now.
January 8, 20215 yr 50 minutes ago, nikeman49 said: I just know Pippen Jr would look good with the rock in his hands in a Ky jersey right now. He would, but if you would have known that when he was in HS, then you have probably chose the wrong career path. Much easier to say he'd look good now after watching him put up 18 8 and 8.
January 8, 20215 yr 1 hour ago, brown4 said: He would, but if you would have known that when he was in HS, then you have probably chose the wrong career path. Much easier to say he'd look good now after watching him put up 18 8 and 8. That comes with a good recruiting eye that evidently Cal doesn’t have unless you are a McDonalds All-American across your chest, and with the stock Pippen has don’t you think he might be able to play a little bit?
January 8, 20215 yr 1 hour ago, brown4 said: He would, but if you would have known that when he was in HS, then you have probably chose the wrong career path. Much easier to say he'd look good now after watching him put up 18 8 and 8. Are you saying Cal can't judge raw talent when he sees it, at least the kid has good blood lines.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.