#1 Alabama 31 #4 Notre Dame 14

16thBBall Fan

Notre Dame snapped Alabama’s long steak of scoring 35 or more points a game. Notre Dame was able to control the clock like they needed to. However, as I said in the prediction thread, they would have to score touchdowns with those long drives. They were not able to do that. 

I honestly thought Notre Dame would score more.  So if you would have told me that Bama would only score 31, I would have liked Notre Dames chances. 

It should be a fun game with Bama vs Clemson in the title game. 

4 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

Notre Dame snapped Alabama’s long steak of scoring 35 or more points a game. Notre Dame was able to control the clock like they needed to. However, as I said in the prediction thread, they would have to score touchdowns with those long drives. They were not able to do that. 

I honestly thought Notre Dame would score score. So if you would have told me that Bama would only score 31, I would have liked Notre Dames chances. 

It should be a fun game with Bama vs Clemson in the title game. 

Already counting your chickens I see...

• Like 1

I initially thought the Irish were going to lose by 50, after the first few minutes.  They played much better after the 1st quarter. 

Credit to Bama...Smith and Harris are so good... and their defense played better than I expected. 

Overall, ND is in a better place than they have been since the early 90s, but they're still not any closer to winning a title.  Bama and Clemson are just on a whole different level, in every way. 

5 minutes ago, Parrott said:

I initially thought the Irish were going to lose by 50, after the first few minutes.  They played much better after the 1st quarter. 

Credit to Bama...Smith and Harris are so good... and their defense played better than I expected. 

Overall, ND is in a better place than they have been since the early 90s, but they're still not any closer to winning a title.  Bama and Clemson are just on a whole different level, in every way. 

In 2012 when Bama pounded them, Notre Dame got beat physically up front. They were able to learn from it and get better in that area. However, now hopefully they see that they have to get a lot more speed at the skill position at WR and DB. 

ND just doesn’t have the athletes on the edges. Their receivers couldn’t get separation and their DBs struggled in space. I’ve never been a big Book fan, and still not after this game. ND needs to get an elite qb in there. I can’t recall the last they had one.

• Like 1

Just now, nees1212 said:

ND just doesn’t have the athletes on the edges. Their receivers couldn’t get separation and their DBs struggled in space. I’ve never been a big Book fan, and still not after this game. ND needs to get an elite qb in there. I can’t recall the last they had one.

Correct, not enough speed/athletes.

2 hours ago, futurecoach said:

I honestly thought Notre Dame would score more.  So if you would have told me that Bama would only score 31, I would have liked Notre Dames chances. 

It should be a fun game with Bama vs Ohio State in the title game. 

Fixed it. 😄

• theguru changed the title to #1 Alabama 31 #4 Notre Dame 14
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/1/2021 at 8:11 PM, John Anthony said:

Correct, not enough speed/athletes.

Apparently the faster guys and better athletes didn't matter either. Alabama may just be that much better than everyone this season. Sure seems that way.

13 hours ago, Irish Cat said:

After tonight I think this one looks a little different.  

I agree, a game to game comparison, ND matched up better. I know that doesn't mean much, but I'm glad the Irish hung in better against them. Alabama was a beast this season though, no matter how you you look at it.