KY - TN ALL STAR GAME

Xgrad-JAGdad

FYI, Tennessee is wanting to have this game moved from June to December starting in 2008. Apparently they feel that many of their best players miss out on the game due to the fact that they have already left to start preparing for their college careers.

I have heard the same but reading between the lines I think it will be June or bust. In other words, if TN won't play us in June I think we will look for someone else (i.e. IN) to take their place in June. If all else fails, I think an East/West game (in June) is possible.

No matter what happens KY's interests are in good hands and well represented.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would tend to agree with them. I do although think that April would be a good time for the game.

Cold or no cold, June nor April is the time. THere just is too much competition for activities, players are NOT in playing shape and it just seems better served to be held in December. Only the die hard fans and friends and family generally attend anyway, no matter when it is. As it stands now, if I were a college coach, my prize recruit is not playing in this game and risk injury. Fulmer has as much as said this lately about Tennessee players. It's a great charity game, but let's don't make more out of it than it really is. Playing it in April would hurt baseball and track programs in many cases, and make kids make unnecessary choices about participating, IMO.

What do you mean? As in not every one on the allstate team is a teamplayer or the talent is not there??? Or??? I am confused.

You would be sticking the coaching staff with several players they may not want, may not feel they can win with and because of the numbers game (there were 31 players that were 1st Team AP Allstate) it would exclude several players the coaching staff may want and feel they could win with.

On a side issue, I really think the AP needs to make some tough decisions and cut their teams down. 17 players of the 1st team defense is just too many players when there are only 11 starting positions.

I like the game played in the summer it allows more kids to participate, sometime big time athletes such as the ones in this game are playing baseball or running track in the spring, I see summer as the only option.

Brohm missed the game because of baseball.

FYI, Tennessee is wanting to have this game moved from June to December starting in 2008. Apparently they feel that many of their best players miss out on the game due to the fact that they have already left to start preparing for their college careers.

Still won't help to move the date due to many of the kids playing bball, at least I would think so.

You would be sticking the coaching staff with several players they may not want, may not feel they can win with and because of the numbers game (there were 31 players that were 1st Team AP Allstate) it would exclude several players the coaching staff may want and feel they could win with.

Exactly, the main reason I'd say KY won very few of these games in the late 80's amd of all of the 90's.

Only because Trinity made it to the state tournament ... as far as I was concerned, he made the right decision.

I agree, the KY squad was well represented with 2 D1 players that played extremely well. Holland-Wake Forest and Grutsza-Cincinnatti.