KY - TN ALL STAR GAME

Xgrad-JAGdad

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI, Tennessee is wanting to have this game moved from June to December starting in 2008. Apparently they feel that many of their best players miss out on the game due to the fact that they have already left to start preparing for their college careers.

FYI, Tennessee is wanting to have this game moved from June to December starting in 2008. Apparently they feel that many of their best players miss out on the game due to the fact that they have already left to start preparing for their college careers.
The same happens with Kentucky, too. I'd hate to see what kind of weather the game would be played in during December. Brrr ...

Some Coaches in Clarksville, TN have mentioned this to me as well. My response to them was the June date wasn't an issue until KY started winning some of these games.

I would tend to agree with them. I do although think that April would be a good time for the game.

Mr. Football is automatically on the team. Coaches throughout the state vote on one QB that was nominated by the QB's coach. Two players from each of the 4 football regions are voted on by the coaches in that region. Ten players are elected to the team through this process. The other 30 players are selected by a committee of coaches throughout the state along with the head coach of the all star team Joey Downs of Bardstown.