Michigan and Ohio State Canceled

TheDeuce

10 minutes ago, Tones said:

2015 10-0 #2 OSU lost to #9 MSU

2016 6-0 #2 OSU lost to unranked Penn St.

2017 7-1 #3 OSU lost to unranked Iowa

2018 7-0 #2 OSU lost to unranked Purdue

I’m not going to debate that those losses weren’t bad. I will say however that in 2015 Ohio State looked bad all year. We knew the talent they had but they hadn’t played well all year before the loss to Michigan State. 2016 the loss to Penn State was super fluky and Penn State was a good team. Ohio State as we found out in the playoff had a deficiency at QB. 2017. This Ohio State team just wasn’t that great. 2018 Worst defense in the history of the program and everyone knew it. Those teams aren’t the same as a team with Justin Fields at QB. They just aren’t. Could Ohio State have a slip up game if they played more games? Sure. Bama almost had a slip up game against Ole Miss. Clemson almost had a slip up game against Boston College. ND almost had a slip up game against Louisville. Ohio State had a game where they were up 35-7 and let their foot off the gas against an top 10 Indiana team. College football does happen and it could happen to any team at any time. That doesn’t take away the fact that Ohio State did everything they were asked to do. You can play the what if they slip up game all you want, but the fact of the matter is it doesn’t matter because there isn’t anything Ohio State can do about it. I don’t know what else there is to say.  

2 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

OSU also has themselves to blame on only 5 games played. Most Big 10 teams played 7 or 8 games.

Unfortunate for sure that others also contributed to only 5 games played for OSU but it is their own fault they only got 5 games in.

What? How is it Ohio States fault? What are they supposed to do? OSU cancelled one game and had 2 cancelled on them. They aren’t allowed to schedule non conference games to replace them. You can’t be serious with this take VOR? Please explain to me how it’s Ohio States fault? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrantNKY said:

What? How is it Ohio States fault? What are they supposed to do? OSU cancelled one game and had 2 cancelled on them. They aren’t allowed to schedule non conference games to replace them. You can’t be serious with this take VOR? Please explain to me how it’s Ohio States fault? 

Why do all the other Big 10 teams except Wisconsin and Maryland have more than 5 games? Why do 7 Big 10 teams have 7+ games played and OSU only had 5? 

1 minute ago, Voice of Reason said:

Why do all the other Big 10 teams except Wisconsin and Maryland have more than 5 games? Why do 7 Big 10 teams have 7+ games played and OSU only had 5? 

Because Maryland and Michigan canceled games against Ohio State. Ohio State was the only B1G team who had an outbreak that didn’t have to cancel 2 weeks in a row due to the out break. I’m honestly not sure what you think Ohio State could have done. They can’t force other teams to play them. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

How many times have we seen a team look fantastic and be undefeated only to lose in game 6, 7, 8? 

This year is different, but normally we see this multiple times. It's usually some team like West Virginia. They have three wins against low-tier D1 programs, win a few conference games by 35 points each, everyone is convinced they have a Heisman front runner, then they go belly-up and finish the season 7-6.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

OSU also has themselves to blame on only 5 games played. Most Big 10 teams played 7 or 8 games.

Unfortunate for sure that others also contributed to only 5 games played for OSU but it is their own fault they only got 5 games in.

No way it’s our fault 2 teams said “we’re not playing, we cancel.”  OSU should be 7-0.

If the Big 10 has a team in the final-four playoff, how much money does the conference get because of that fact?    If the conference has no team, does it get any money at all?   In other words what's the financial benefit to the Big 10 and its members to have OSU in the playoffs?

38 minutes ago, tcjkbt said:

If the Big 10 has a team in the final-four playoff, how much money does the conference get because of that fact?    If the conference has no team, does it get any money at all?   In other words what's the financial benefit to the Big 10 and its members to have OSU in the playoffs?

I'm pretty sure it's $6 mil for each conference in the playoff. Could be wrong though. OSU deserves to be in regardless of amount of games played but there's definitely a benefit for Iowa AD to push Ohio State to stay in and the league to vote to change their rule. 

So ACC would get $12 mil with ND/Clemson in... This is why I think ND will eventually join the ACC and we see conference expansion with the playoff also moving to 8.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Walter said:

I'm pretty sure it's $6 mil for each team/conference in the playoff. Could be wrong though. OSU deserves to be in regardless of amount of games played but there's definitely a benefit for Iowa AD to push Ohio State to stay in and the league to vote to change their rule. 

It’s an additional $500k for each B1G school if Ohio State makes the playoff. So equivalent to $7mil total. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GrantNKY said:

Because Maryland and Michigan canceled games against Ohio State. Ohio State was the only B1G team who had an outbreak that didn’t have to cancel 2 weeks in a row due to the out break. I’m honestly not sure what you think Ohio State could have done. They can’t force other teams to play them. 

4 hours ago, John Anthony said:

No way it’s our fault 2 teams said “we’re not playing, we cancel.”  OSU should be 7-0.

On the flip side, how can OSU be completely innocent when every other team in the Big 10 except two others got more than 5 games and  most of them got 7 or 8 games in.

8 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

What about my other question that I edited in which you may not have seen while you were typing?

It’s possible but remember we’re talking about Kevin Warren and the B1G.  They’ve repeatedly dropped the ball over and over in 2020.

If we beat NW this weekend that’s wins over the 2 best teams in the conference and really the only legit teams outside of OSU.