Michigan and Ohio State Canceled

TheDeuce

18 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Didn't they miss one game because of their own COVID issues?  

In the weeks that other teams canceled on them, were there any other big 10 teams that were available to play that week?

For Maryland game that was canceled the B1G wasn’t allowing rescheduled games. By the time of the Michigan game you could reschedule but the only other teams that canceled their games last week were Indiana and Purdue and they were scheduled to play each other. No one left to play 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, GrantNKY said:

For Maryland game that was canceled the B1G wasn’t allowing rescheduled games. By the time of the Michigan game you could reschedule but the only other teams that canceled their games last week were Indiana and Purdue and they were scheduled to play each other. No one left to play 🤷🏻‍♂️

Wait, so the B1G changed their rules mid-season?!?!?!?  First you weren't allowed to reschedule...and then you were?!?!?!?!?  OMG!  What a travesty.  Good thing some fine folks here on BGP made such a big stink about it when it happened.

• Like 1

On 12/15/2020 at 8:28 AM, GrantNKY said:

It’s not Ohio States fault. What exactly would you have liked Ohio State to do differently? 

I didn't say it was their fault. They still shouldn't be eligible for the B1G Championship or the playoff. The Big 10 is at fault and totally blew it. My point is and has been that the ONLY reason OSU is in this is money. I think you know that deep down, you just don't want to admit it. A five game season is a complete joke. Changing the rules to accommodate a team for monetary reasons is a complete joke. 

24 minutes ago, Run To State said:

I didn't say it was their fault. They still shouldn't be eligible for the B1G Championship or the playoff. The Big 10 is at fault and totally blew it. My point is and has been that the ONLY reason OSU is in this is money. I think you know that deep down, you just don't want to admit it. A five game season is a complete joke. Changing the rules to accommodate a team for monetary reasons is a complete joke. 

I don’t believe deep down it was because of money. Deep down I feel that everyone knows OSU is light years ahead of everyone else in the B1G and the conference would be an even bigger laughing stock if they didn’t have the clear cut best team playing for the conference championship. Does the money help? Sure. But at the end of the day these schools aren’t going to break their neck over an additional 500k. A 5 game season is a joke? You think Ohio State only wanted to play 5 games? Hell no. You think us fans wanted 5 games? Hell no. It has nothing to do with money. Ohio State is where they are because of what’s fair, not money. You have such a wrong idea of how the B1G operates. Ohio State barely has more pull than Nebraska and Rutgers when it comes to decision making. I can assure you, the real decision makers in Madison, Ann Arbor, and Minneapolis are never going to go out of their way to accommodate Ohio State just for an extra 500k. It’s just not going to happen. 

1 hour ago, Run To State said:

That’s almost like giving up elite status to join a conference for a year to secure money.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GrantNKY said:

I don’t believe deep down it was because of money. Deep down I feel that everyone knows OSU is light years ahead of everyone else in the B1G and the conference would be an even bigger laughing stock if they didn’t have the clear cut best team playing for the conference championship. Does the money help? Sure. But at the end of the day these schools aren’t going to break their neck over an additional 500k. A 5 game season is a joke? You think Ohio State only wanted to play 5 games? Hell no. You think us fans wanted 5 games? Hell no. It has nothing to do with money. Ohio State is where they are because of what’s fair, not money. You have such a wrong idea of how the B1G operates. Ohio State barely has more pull than Nebraska and Rutgers when it comes to decision making. I can assure you, the real decision makers in Madison, Ann Arbor, and Minneapolis are never going to go out of their way to accommodate Ohio State just for an extra 500k. It’s just not going to happen. 

You think it's OSU making the money in this? Lol, nothing more to discuss with you on this topic then.  

I will add that I never said you wanted a 5 game season, probably because if you're honest with yourself, you know it's a joke. I'm sure you're fine with it though, since OSU is getting handed a conference championship spot. Of course, in that conference, that's not saying much.

You think it's OSU making the money in this? Lol, nothing more to discuss with you on this topic then.  

I will add that I never said you wanted a 5 game season, probably because if you're honest with yourself, you know it's a joke. I'm sure you're fine with it though, since OSU is getting handed a conference championship spot. Of course, in that conference, that's not saying much.

What are you even talking about? I don’t think the 5 game season is a joke. Is Covid a joke to you? 

Please.

No seriously. Please. Enlighten us on your world of wisdom of the inter workings of conferences. You’ve been in a conference for 5 minutes. Excuse me for not exactly trusting your takes on what conferences should and shouldn’t do.