Michigan and Ohio State Canceled

TheDeuce

7 hours ago, GrantNKY said:

He did seriously consider the Texas job. Obviously he turned it down, but there was definitely interest from both sides. Urban’s going to coach again somewhere, but I don’t think Shelley will sign off on another college gig. I think he’ll try the NFL one day. 

I think his only interest in the Texas job was to tick off Herman.  

On 12/11/2020 at 12:39 PM, GrantNKY said:

I just think RTS doesn’t have this stance if the roles were reversed and it was Indiana that was benefitting. He’s still silent on his Golden Domers benefitting from a similar situation in the ACC. So it doesn’t appear like he cares about the rules being broken or fairness. He wants to see what’s best for his team and wants to see everything go wrong for OSU. Which is totally cool with me. I have teams I hate. I want everything possible to go wrong for Michigan, Clemson, and Alabama. But I’m upfront about that. I don’t care about fairness when it comes to them. I just wish RTS would admit that he doesn’t care what’s fair with OSU. This is what makes college football great. Admit your biases people. None of us have any influence anyways so we’re allowed to have bias. No reason to hide bias especially when it’s obvious. 

ND played 10 games, 9 conference. What exactly are you clambering about? 10 games, not 5. Plus they beat number 1. What are you claiming is similar?

At what point at the end of the season did the ACC change their rules to accommodate ND?

1 hour ago, Run To State said:

ND played 10 games, 9 conference. What exactly are you clambering about? 10 games, not 5. Plus they beat number 1. What are you claiming is similar?

At what point at the end of the season did the ACC change their rules to accommodate ND?

Last week RTS! They literally cancelled Clemson and NDs games this week to secure them both being in the ACC Championship game. 

13 minutes ago, GrantNKY said:

Last week RTS! They literally cancelled Clemson and NDs games this week to secure them both being in the ACC Championship game. 

What rule did they change? Who were ND and Clemson scheduled to play this week?

12 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

ND was supposed to play Wake Forest instead of Louisville this week. NDs spot wasn’t secured. If Miami had won today and Louisville had lost, Miami would have been playing Clemson next week. Common sense says ND doesn’t lose to WF anyways, but still they eliminated the possibility. They took that game away with the obvious intention to try and make sure ND and Clemson can make the playoff. For the record I don’t have an issue with it. But a game was scheduled and cancelled not because of Covid. If RTS has an issue with what the B1G did, then he should have an issue with what the ACC did. 

1 minute ago, GrantNKY said:

ND was supposed to play Wake Forest instead of Louisville this week. NDs spot wasn’t secured. If Miami had won today and Louisville had lost, Miami would have been playing Clemson next week. Common sense says ND doesn’t lose to WF anyways, but still they eliminated the possibility. They took that game away with the obvious intention to try and make sure ND and Clemson can make the playoff. For the record I don’t have an issue with it. But a game was scheduled and cancelled not because of Covid. If RTS has an issue with what the B1G did, then he should have an issue with what the ACC did. 

Notre Dame is undefeated. Even with a loss this week they would have been in. Clemson could have also lost this week and with the Miami loss would have still been in because Clemson beat Miami.

33 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

This is what you see as similar? Please. What did Miami do today? How was a rule changed to keep the Irish from being eliminated. Even if Wake would have won, which even you know was extremely doubtful, the Irish still would have advanced. Again, how many games has OSU played? Clemson and ND? Yeah, keep comparing those apples and oranges. No Big 10 team should even be eligible this season IMO if you really want to talk about fairness.

45 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Notre Dame is undefeated. Even with a loss this week they would have been in. Clemson could have also lost this week and with the Miami loss would have still been in because Clemson beat Miami.

Miami only had one loss before today. If ND would have lost to Wake today, Miami would have had the tiebreaker over ND to go to the championship game. 

8 hours ago, GrantNKY said:

See above. Miami would have had the tiebreaker over ND with a ND loss to Wake. 

They lost, moot point. If Miami would have won, I'd entertain your argument.

9 conference games vs 5, but you complain about fairness. The Buckeyes had 3 cancellations, the Irish had 1 and they didn't get to make it up. Did the Buckeyes make up any cancelled games? No. So, in your world of "fairness", why should ND have to make up 1 game if OSU doesn't have to make up any of their 3? A 5 game season is a joke. Maybe the B1G should have started when the other conferences did. Maybe the B1G should have done a better job of managing the virus. 

If you want my opinion, the whole season never should have happened. The NCAA did it wrong. The NHL and the NBA did a much better job of protecting players.