Belfry at Ashland Predictions/Updates (3A Semifinals)

ATLCat

Belfry at Ashland  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/11/2020 at 06:00 PM

27 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Will there be a live feed for this game? This is one I'd like to watch. 

MyTownTv should stream the game on Facebook and YouTube simeltaneously. I, or someone, else will post the links tomorrow once they confirm for sure that they are doing the game. They've streamed Ashland's home games all season.

• Thanks 1

When Mounts is on the field he is one of the best LB's in Kentucky. PERIOD!

His career has been defined with injuries. I know he has some FCS love and offers, if he can avoid the injury bug he will be an absolute steal for a school.

I am not sure Belfry has had a Punt Return this season stand up LOL. Usually there are multiple de-cleaters, unfortunately it seems they are often illegal ones.

Coleman, Lowe, Chaffin, and Mounts all are thumpers.

Chaffin is a very underrated CB. Excellent size at 6'1 and plays the run leveraging about as good as you will find. As good as Dixon is, those four guys are the key to if Belfry wins the next two weeks.

On 12/7/2020 at 1:52 PM, ATLCat said:

- Belfry has not played but one game on anything other than turf. Regardless I think that will have an effect to some degree whether the field is dry or wet regardless.

- One mis-conception is Belfry's offense is built for a muddy game. I disagree. The Pirates depend heavily on their linemen getting blocks up and getting to the LB's and with as much ball handling for fakes and reads as well as the cuts needed for what Belfry does, I am not convinced it is an offense best equipped for adverse field conditions.

- With that said, Ashland's game is speed and explosion. No doubt a muddy track would effect that as well. Ashland also maintains good balance and passes good bit. One oft heir advantages this game would be their vertical passing game, but that may be effected.

- Isaac Dixon is a freak. His feet and ability to change direction on a dime are what makes him special. A wet or muddy field is not ideal for his style of running.

Watch these highlights from Friday of Dixon doing what he does and I am not sure all them happen on a muddy track.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/6313407/5fcd18015ca90f09909a6f18

It definitely will affect both teams however Ashland plays 90 percent or more of It’s games on grass and played In the mud last week. Advantage Ashland. These Tomcat Seniors remember beating JC a few years back for the District Title when no one gave them a punchers chance and know what they need to do to pull the upset. Last seasons loss to Belfry has haunted them for over a year and I look for Ashland to play inspired Football and pull the upset. 24-21

10 minutes ago, Tomcats1990 said:

It definitely will affect both teams however Ashland plays 90 percent or more of It’s games on grass and played In the mud last week. Advantage Ashland. These Tomcat Seniors remember beating JC a few years back for the District Title when no one gave them a punchers chance and know what they need to do to pull the upset. Last seasons loss to Belfry has haunted them for over a year and I look for Ashland to play inspired Football and pull the upset. 24-21

One of the biggest hits I’ve seen live. That was last season against Knox Central on a punt return. That kid forget his name is the starting middle Linebacker this season. Video isn’t great but at the end of the play that’s the kids helmet not the football rolling backwards.

37 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Has it rained in Ashland this week?

Not really a little drizzle a couple days Sunday Monday it’s warm and Sunny today. Field should be good at the start. Probably will get a little messy some as the game goes on. I’ll post a picture of the field here in a few.

• Thanks 1

On 12/10/2020 at 8:54 AM, Tigerpride94 said:

Big hit!

Not that I agree with it but wouldn't this be considered a blind side hit and a 15 yard penalty?  I'm old school and feel you need to pay attention at all times on the field, but I've seen many flags thrown for this type of hit on the side. 

• Like 1