Belfry at Ashland Predictions/Updates (3A Semifinals)

ATLCat

Belfry at Ashland  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/11/2020 at 06:00 PM

2 hours ago, Rebel said:

Not that I agree with it but wouldn't this be considered a blind side hit and a 15 yard penalty?  I'm old school and feel you need to pay attention at all times on the field, but I've seen many flags thrown for this type of hit on the side. 

Yes.  That Darryl guy is a joke with all the nicknames and such.  He does that for middle school kids like it is the WWE.  Nobody pays attention to him here in southern WV and eastern KY.    

2 hours ago, Tomcats1990 said:

I used to help paint that field and played many games from JFL, Middle, and High school. It will be a sloppy mess by the start of the game after warmups unless this 63 degree day and full Sun can do some magic in the next 5 hours.

Right.  Bermuda isn't made for playing on after the first frost.  It is just how it is.  

• Like 1

3 hours till kick and If I’m Ashland I’d get the ball in Garretts hands as much as possible. Pittman gotta bust a few big plays. Garrett should be playing QB IMO for this game. Maybe the Tomcats will throw a wrinkle or 2 at Belfry tonight. Ashland D is a base 4-3 pretty vanilla they tend to bend don’t break and try and keep everything in front of them. That didn’t work out very well last year against Belfry so I’m not sure what Tackett and company have planned for tonight. Maybe a 5 man front or a 4-4-3  which they had success when they upset JC a few years ago. Hopefully they have learned their base 4-3 didn’t work.

1 minute ago, Morehead State said:

Belfry will be the best team Ashland has played this year, on the other hand Ashland will not be the best team Belfry has faced  I’m excited to see how it plays out...  I say Pirates 34-Ashland 20!

Ashland played by far the better schedule last season and got ran out of Belfry. Throw the schedules out the window. This game comes down to Ashland punching back when Belfry punches them in the mouth. Tomcats do that they will have a great chance to Win this game.

I use to paint the field from 1999 thru 2008 in addition to filming for the coaching staff from 98 thru the start of 2018 when i left  for cancer surgery.  Plus filmed for my brother during the 89 and 90 seasons before he went to Marshall to play. 
As for tonight it’s going to take a game like 88 or 90 semifinals for Ashland to win. They done great so far considering the lost the 2 kids they thought would be their qb’s before the season and had Jake Gregg transfer to Wheelersburg in the off season. Tonight we’ll see how good our defense really is. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tomcats1990 said:

Ashland played by far the better schedule last season and got ran out of Belfry. Throw the schedules out the window. This game comes down to Ashland punching back when Belfry punches them in the mouth. Tomcats do that they will have a great chance to Win this game.

Debatable

Belfry played two State Champions including Johnson Central, an Ohio Powerhouse in Alter, and a LCA team that could have won the state title if Somerset wasn't in their district.

Spring Valley, Wheelersburg, and Ironton were very good teams no doubt, but I would collectively take Belfry's lot of teams they played over Ashland's with Johnson Central being the best of all teams.

At the very least "Far better" is a complete mis-representation to make a point.

45 minutes ago, ATLCat said:

Debatable

Belfry played two State Champions including Johnson Central, an Ohio Powerhouse in Alter, and a LCA team that could have won the state title if Somerset wasn't in their district.

Spring Valley, Wheelersburg, and Ironton were very good teams no doubt, but I would collectively take Belfry's lot of teams they played over Ashland's with Johnson Central being the best of all teams.

At the very least "Far better" is a complete mis-representation to make a point.

JC better then Spring Valley debatable also, that would have been a  heavy weight battle last season. All I’m saying is when Ashland plays physical and holds their own in the trenches they can play with the Belfry’s of the world.

13 minutes ago, Tomcats1990 said:

JC better then Spring Valley debatable also, that would have been a  heavy weight battle last season. All I’m saying is when Ashland plays physical and holds their own in the trenches they can play with the Belfry’s of the world.

Let’s see if they can do it tonight, they sure didn’t last year!

• Like 1