Open Job: Highlands

theguru

Just now, 4 Quarters said:

Hopefully Don Owen is not manufacturing the news, just reporting it.

I agree and definitely want to give Don the benefit of the doubt especially considering in the past the NKY Tribune has saddled NKY with Terry Boehmker who has been a shill for NKY high schools and frankly the opposite of what we have seen from Owen on this story. 

• Like 1

Well, if all and any of this is true then I say congratulations to those who released information before the school officially did. 

The issue I see with doing this is the same as others have said. It’s not fair to the school he is leaving behind and more importantly the kids if they all get confirmation from anyone other than the coach himself. 

Heck, this guy might renege on the deal because he can’t trust the people hiring him now. If you are a parent of a Highlands kid on here and that wound be the case then I would say thanks Mom or Dad...

2 minutes ago, BrosefStalin said:

I can assure you Don is not someone who would fabricate anything. If he put that in writing, it's legit. 

Okay, and again, with all due respect, then why the weird tweets?  Because the tweets were very direct in that someone had been chosen and was on their way.   But then the article says that he was offered and had the weekend to accept.  Again, with all due respect (learned my lesson here) those are at least inconsistent messages.   

2 minutes ago, observerbynature said:

Okay, and again, with all due respect, then why the weird tweets?  Because the tweets were very direct in that someone had been chosen and was on their way.   But then the article says that he was offered and had the weekend to accept.  Again, with all due respect (learned my lesson here) those are at least inconsistent messages.   

Probably why it was taken down. Who brought this information to this discussion again?

3 minutes ago, observerbynature said:

Maybe Don thought he had (or actually does have) a scoop and he was feeling himself just a little too much. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sweeperboy said:

Well, if all and any of this is true then I say congratulations to those who released information before the school officially did. 

The issue I see with doing this is the same as others have said. It’s not fair to the school he is leaving behind and more importantly the kids if they all get confirmation from anyone other than the coach himself. 

Heck, this guy might renege on the deal because he can’t trust the people hiring him now. If you are a parent of a Highlands kid on here and that wound be the case then I would say thanks Mom or Dad...

Renege? Has he accepted? You know something we don't? I can assure that most of the Highlands parents are as frustrated about information being leaked this way before school announced or players are told.  The parents and players have been kept in the dark on process and search. Those that seem to be "in the know" are search committee members and family members/close friends of the search committee.  That's probably who I would congratulate if anything is reneged.  

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Sweeperboy said:

I can’t agree more!   Coach returned to Franklin County his roots and as excited as the community maybe for this hire another community of kids and parents deserved to at least here it from the coach.  If the shoe 👞 in on the other foot!  In any event nothing official from the school.  It was ok to have a little fun and speculate but I wish others would wait until it is was official and parties were told.

36 minutes ago, Sweeperboy said:

What the heck. I go outside and clean my gutters, come inside and balance my check book and then look on the computer and wham!!! all of this. 

Today is Saturday right?

We all know you don’t clean your gutters or balance your check book Sweep!

40 minutes ago, Sweeperboy said:

What the heck. I go outside and clean my gutters, come inside and balance my check book and then look on the computer and wham!!! all of this. 

Today is Saturday right?

Saturday’s are for chopping wood behind the wood shed.  We know you can’t balance a checkbook without your number adder thingy!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, observerbynature said:

Totally fair.  The conflicting part for me was that I loved Game of Thrones, so maybe I should just sit back and enjoy it.  

Whatever is going on it looks like the Bluebird (or Judy Clabes) has Don's tongue.

10 minutes ago, lincoln24 said:

Renege? Has he accepted? You know something we don't? I can assure that most of the Highlands parents are as frustrated about information being leaked this way before school announced or players are told.  The parents and players have been kept in the dark on process and search. Those that seem to be "in the know" are search committee members and family members/close friends of the search committee.  That's probably who I would congratulate if anything is reneged.  

“The players”? Remember there allegedly is a player on the committee.