Open Job: Highlands

theguru

6 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

So apparently he's Bert Bathiany V?

...as in, grandpa Bert (HHS '47) was Bert Bathiany III, dad Bert (HHS '72) was Bert Bathiany IV, and now he's number 5. So if true, this would officially turn the Highlands football program over to the reign of Bert The Fifth.

You made me laugh out loud CWB, the reign of Bert the Fifth! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, theguru said:

Anyone heard any names?

I had a member send me this name claiming this was the hire but I am not saying it is so, just throwing it out there:

Bert Bathiany

1 hour ago, Tigerpride94 said:

https://www.gotiffindragons.com/sports/fball/coaches/bathiany

Info on Coach Bathiany. I think he would be good coach. 

Someone mentioned Bathiany earlier in the thread. Two challenges are no high school coaching experience, let alone being a head coach. Second, out of the area for a long time so building a staff from scratch with minimal area high school coaching connections.

He does fit well with part of what I envisioned as an ideal candidate for Highlands. That being a younger coach with a young family who would want to settle into the community for the long haul. 

The final piece is character and charisma. I have no clue how this applies to Bathiany. I am adding it here as a general comment for anyone who applies. On the high school level you need a coach who truly, truly cares about his players deeply and the players feel that genuine care for them. The head coach has to be able to communicate that, his commitment and his vision well to the entire program and get buy in.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Came here to say the same thing. I was told a couple of weeks ago that there was at least one college assistant who applied and "looked like a really good candidate". Just had someone text me a couple of minutes ago and ask if I had heard that he is the new hire. I believe that's the first that I have heard any specific mention of Bert in regard to this job.

Bert's a 2005 Highlands grad, and I believe his grandpa and dad were both Highlands football guys too. He's a Denison grad. Defensive guy. He's spent time on strength & conditioning/coaching staffs at Denison, WKU, Lindsey Wilson, and currently is the D-coordinator and linebackers coach at Tiffin.

No Coach has been named yet. Take it for what it’s worth. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Sweeperboy said:

Iam hearing what everyone is hearing, nothing but speculation. I do believe it could be a guy that people will say WOW!!!

Wolfe is the only "wow" possibility, and I wouldn't even say he fits that bill with his ties to Highlands. 

• Like 1

Regardless of who it is and despite what some on here saying , this is going to a huge hire for both Highlands and the coach. 

Most on here know my over the top allegiance to Highlands for obvious reasons but let me be very clear. I don’t know who it is going to be neither does anyone else at this point in time but whoever it is it will be the coach’s greatest opportunity to date, I know the administration will give the kids the very best coach available  and the opportunity they deserve as well.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

Wolfe is the only "wow" possibility, and I wouldn't even say he fits that bill with his ties to Highlands. 

Not sure I follow this. What does ties have anything to do with 2021? The ties you are referring to happened 30 yrs ago. 

Highlands has won 10 State Championships since then and have had 4 principals and as many superintendents. 

This sir, is a Wow moment considering the last 7 years. At least for the Highlands contingency.

4 hours ago, theguru said:

What are you hearing unofficially Sweep?

The issue with throwing names out is the fact that if Highlands hires anyone other than the names I could share then it could be argued that these names never ever existed or applied.

• Like 1