Open Job: Highlands

theguru

13 hours ago, Lions Paw said:

Does anyone know an accurate number of coaches that received interviews? I've heard anywhere from 8 to 11.

That many really jumbles up Committee consensus. I figured they would target 4 or 5 people and go from there. Of course, sometimes people really are weak in the interview process, but can coach people.

37 minutes ago, Sweeperboy said:

Did @Tdyballgame or @JOAT do any drive bys  yesterday? Did they even do the interviews at the school or did they do them at a undisclosed location.

I think in a hangar at Lunken after candidates were flown in on private jet. Bluebird 1 would be too conspicuous. The major college programs usually meet them in Atlanta or Chicago so I imagine this is a possibility.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

45 minutes ago, PurplePride92 said:

Who do the Highlands faithful want and expect to be the next coach?

Anyone that can beat Covington Catholic and help them win a state championship. That 5A or 4A(if they play there) road to the promised land has some speed bumps in it. I believe the new coach will have more sway then the previous HC when reclassification occurs. I'd say the decision has been reached and will be finalized soon. Really feel the dominoes will open some good jobs.

3 hours ago, PurplePride92 said:

Who do the Highlands faithful want and expect to be the next coach?

Honestly I want a Highlands guy. Someone that understands the traditions behind the program from community and school support. One that truly understands how the football program was built. One that can be a leader. One that has had success at the same position or equivalent at another institution. As HHS goes, so goes HHS football. One in the same when it comes to success. From the people I’m hearing that have shown interest, I am super excited with a few of them. Hopefully plays out like I want but anyone that fits the bill above works for me. I’m guessing we’ll know by Monday. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TEDFROMVILLAHILLS said:

Honestly I want a Highlands guy. Someone that understands the traditions behind the program from community and school support. One that truly understands how the football program was built. One that can be a leader. One that has had success at the same position or equivalent at another institution. As HHS goes, so goes HHS football. One in the same when it comes to success. From the people I’m hearing that have shown interest, I am super excited with a few of them. Hopefully plays out like I want but anyone that fits the bill above works for me. I’m guessing we’ll know by Monday. 

“Super excited” is not a word I would use.

• Haha 1