Open Job: Highlands

theguru

20 minutes ago, Lions Paw said:

I'm not sure if this is rumor or fact but I was told today two of the former assistant coaches have already received coaching positions at another school. I believe one of them had several years at Highlands coaching football?

Correct. Newport. 

2 hours ago, Lions Paw said:

I'm not sure if this is rumor or fact but I was told today two of the former assistant coaches have already received coaching positions at another school. I believe one of them had several years at Highlands coaching football?

Nick Behymer is now the DC at Newport, and is joined by Sam Umberg.

7 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Good for them. Will Behymer run the Newport Football Twitter Acct? Goodness I hope so. He use to put up some hilarious material on Highlands Acct. 

20 minutes ago, BirdDaddy said:

So Interviews start bright and early tomorrow morning. I still think we are weeks out before a Coach is named. Just my opinion. But who knows, maybe they have their guy by weeks end.

Well there you have it Psalms. Will you, Tdyballgame and JOAT be taking your places in the Sideline Club lot for pregame? No charge for parking...

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, BirdDaddy said:

Good for them. Will Behymer run the Newport Football Twitter Acct? Goodness I hope so. He use to put up some hilarious material on Highlands Acct. 

Coach Behymer just wears his Highlands heart on his sleeve and I liked that. I wish him the best at Newport High, he will do very well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

What happened to Newport’s DC the past 2 years? I met that guy a few times. He was a nice guy but I could tell he was a little nuts. He seems like a guy kids would want to play for him. 

1 hour ago, Sweeperboy said:

Who is Same Umberg? I am guessing he was at Highlands? Real question, sorry I'm curious.

He was the OC in 2019. Weinrich was told to find another one for 2020 and decided to just take on the role himself. Umberg was retained to help the JV team this past year. Weinrich just kicked the Can to the next Corner. Hence is part of the reason Highlands is looking for a a new Coach. Not the main reason but one of many. Weinrich just wasn’t able to make business decisions when it came time to choose between being a CEO or a Friend.

20 minutes ago, BirdDaddy said:

He was the OC in 2019. Weinrich was told to find another one for 2020 and decided to just take on the role himself. Umberg was retained to help the JV team this past year. Weinrich just kicked the Can to the next Corner. Hence is part of the reason Highlands is looking for a a new Coach. Not the main reason but one of many. Weinrich just wasn’t able to make business decisions when it came time to choose between being a CEO or a Friend.

I just get a chuckle out of this whole kick the can thingy...it’s so little league.Thank god it’s over.

1 hour ago, Jason Bucklen said:

What happened to Newport’s DC the past 2 years? I met that guy a few times. He was a nice guy but I could tell he was a little nuts. He seems like a guy kids would want to play for him. 

I've never met him and don't know anything about him, but the DC at Newport the past few years was Derek Webster. Coach Wynn hired him on as DC when he was hired as head coach in June '18. I believe he had been coaching in Florida up to that point. Not really sure about any of his background prior to coming to Newport or what NKY ties he may have, and I don't know if he's still on staff with the Wildcats.