John Hardin at Hopkinsville Predictions/Updates (4A Playoffs)

DevilMayCare

Bulldogs vs. Tigers  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who advances?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/05/2020 at 12:00 AM

Have wing-t, will travel

Hopkinsville, whose on/off switch gets toggled with great regularity, was firmly 'on' against Logan County in Round 2. The Tigers avenged a three score loss to the Cougars in the regular season with a three score win to sow up a district championship. Hoptown got off to a fast start and never looked back. As they look ahead, they'll see John Hardin coming into focus, with the Bulldogs set to visit the Stadium of Champions for a shot at the semifinals.

John Hardin used a dominant second half and strong defense throughout, to blow out Spencer County 41-0 for its district title. First year coach Doug Preston is already working his wing-t magic on the Bulldogs. The offense has taken off since scoring just seven points through two games. They've averaged 50 points per game over their last five contests.

Preston and Hopkinsville coach Craig Clayton are no strangers to one another. The two matched wits three years ago, when Preston was at Franklin-Simpson, in a region final won by the Wildcats on their way to a state title.

4oa9ni.thumb.jpg.8127daaf7965487192df1726fb6cb493.jpg

1 hour ago, Bud_Kilmer said:

Don’t think Hoptown wants to be physical. I’ll take John Hardin!

John Hardin - 28

Hoptown - 20

In comparing schedules, seems like Hopkinsville has played tougher opponents. 

John Hardin has a smash mouth run game style but Hopkinsville’s opponents have also been smash mouth as well. 

How does John Hardin defend the passing attack of Hoptown? 

Think this is going to be a really good game as well. 

Should be one of the better matchups this week.  This game depends on which Hopkinsville team shows up.  The team that lost to Calloway and Logan or the team that defeated Calloway and Logan.  Consistency has been their issue.  I trust JH's consistent play more, so I'll lean towards John Hardin 28-21.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BillNye said:

Should be one of the better matchups this week.  This game depends on which Hopkinsville team shows up.  The team that lost to Calloway and Logan or the team that defeated Calloway and Logan.  Consistency has been their issue.  I trust JH's consistent play more, so I'll lean towards John Hardin 28-21.

That sounds like the most reasonable outlook on this game. Hoptown's higher ceiling versus John's consistency.

• Like 1

I remember the Hoptown FS game from 2017.

Hoptown was way overmatched, but they got out to a 20-0 lead. Then the "lights went out" and caused a big delay. After the delay, FS asserted their will & came all the way back.

In 2020, you can't really make big determinations as there have been so many setbacks. Hoptown had 2 COVID breaks due to other teams. They struggled, but now look much stronger as they're getting more reps. John Hardin appears to have had a more consistently dominant season than Hoptown.

You can't tell who has had better schedules or practices. You can't tell how the kids are going to respond being out of school. It's weird.

They are predicting snow in Hoptown on Friday? It's gonna be cold. Will the 2 hour bus ride effect JH?

• Like 1