North Hardin vs. St. Xavier Predictions/Updates (6A Playoffs)

Tigerpride94

Who wins?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/05/2020 at 06:54 AM

35 minutes ago, jimmyref said:

There was a play in the Meade County game that I haven't seen in a game ever and the referee made I think the right call. At the end of the first half, Meade Cty was running a 2 minute drill and completed a pass and needed to run to the line and spike the ball. The lines got set, the ball got snapped quickly but loose and the quarterback took his right hand and slapped/threw the ball downward and the ball went to the ground. The North Harden defensive player jumped on the ball and the referee gave the ball to North Hardin.  I don't think the QB had the ball at all so I think it was a good call. 

At least the QB got the clock stopped.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, jimmyref said:

There was a play in the Meade County game that I haven't seen in a game ever and the referee made I think the right call. At the end of the first half, Meade Cty was running a 2 minute drill and completed a pass and needed to run to the line and spike the ball. The lines got set, the ball got snapped quickly but loose and the quarterback took his right hand and slapped/threw the ball downward and the ball went to the ground. The North Harden defensive player jumped on the ball and the referee gave the ball to North Hardin.  I don't think the QB had the ball at all so I think it was a good call. 

I saw that. Looked like QB never had control so was live ball. I thought it was right call.

1 hour ago, jimmyref said:

Yes, I saw this too and had to watch it multiple times. Not said often, but the offficial(s) made a great call as it looked like a short snap and QB never got it from the center. The QB did a pretty good job of playing it off like he spiked it, but the officials were all over it. 

7 hours ago, Tigerpride94 said:

I just watched NH vs. Meade Co. and I think Manual is definitely better. They were missing Lavell Wright so I’m sure that made a difference. They had 7-0 lead on Meade at halftime and eventually wore them down. Meade Co QB had plenty of time to throw so not much of a pass rush but NH did good job covering receivers. NH QB is huge and is good passer and has some athletic receivers. I believe it will be competitive game but I still think St.X wins after watching that game.

Hard to judge a team with their best offensive weapon not on the field for this game or the one prior. Go watch the Douglass tape and see what a difference maker Mr. Wright was. 

• Like 1

I love North Hardin's defense.

I love Lavell Wright.

You combine those two factors and a St. X team that doesn't exactly light up scoreboards against good defenses definitely can be defeated by North Hardin.

If Wright doesn't play, I simply cannot see where North Hardin will find enough points.

With Wright:

Tossup with the winner scoring in the low 20's

Without Wright:

Give me St. X by 10-14.

• Like 2

As to Friday nights matchup, the "Black Curtain" Trojans seem extremely talented on defense led by their MLB and Tulane commit Michael Lunz, and their safety and UK commit Jordan Lovett.  Both seem to let the personnel around them blitz and cover while they read and react. Lovett led the state of Kentucky with 15 interceptions last year. 
On offense, question will be if UK commit RB Lavell Wright is able to go. If not the entire offense changes to more pass oriented. North Hardin ran the ball about 60% of the time with Wright but seems to have gone about 70% pass in the last 2 games w/out Wright.  Trojans have big time talent at WR and Slot with #8 Marcus Harris and his 46 catches. I think Jalen Sharps makes their offense with a WR pass along with Camron Smith.  Tigers defense has to figure out how to get past Sophomore RT Trevon Alexander and his 6'6 340 frame and put pressure on 6'3 Jr. Manie Wimberly, who doesn't seem like a threat to run. 

• Like 1

Ok, here is the breakdown of North Hardin after seeing them play three times this season. Wright was injured in the Central Hardin game on October 30th. Not sure of the severity but he has been in a walking boot last 2 games. If he is able to go, I don't see him being 100%. When healthy, he was the reason they beat Frederick Douglass and Belfry on last possession drives.

With that being said, they are not as strong up front defensively as they were last season. They are vulnerable to the run between the tackles and bring someone on a rush every single play. Since they play extremely aggressive on defense, short crossing routes, and seam passes down the middle are effective as well as draw plays. It is hard to run on the edges with their speed. On offense, they go 3 receivers on one side of the field and throw a lot of wide receiver screens and block well on this play. Unlike last season, they don't seem to go down field as much in the passing game. Pressure on their QB Mannie Wimberle is key to limiting their scoring threats downfield. They play with a lot of intensity and emotion. Most teams cannot match their effort and intensity for 4 quarters. 

I think the final score will be

Saint X 28

North Hardin 14

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hardin County Preps said:

Ok, here is the breakdown of North Hardin after seeing them play three times this season. Wright was injured in the Central Hardin game on October 30th. Not sure of the severity but he has been in a walking boot last 2 games. If he is able to go, I don't see him being 100%. When healthy, he was the reason they beat Frederick Douglass and Belfry on last possession drives.

With that being said, they are not as strong up front defensively as they were last season. They are vulnerable to the run between the tackles and bring someone on a rush every single play. Since they play extremely aggressive on defense, short crossing routes, and seam passes down the middle are effective as well as draw plays. It is hard to run on the edges with their speed. On offense, they go 3 receivers on one side of the field and throw a lot of wide receiver screens and block well on this play. Unlike last season, they don't seem to go down field as much in the passing game. Pressure on their QB Mannie Wimberle is key to limiting their scoring threats downfield. They play with a lot of intensity and emotion. Most teams cannot match their effort and intensity for 4 quarters. 

I think the final score will be

Saint X 28

North Hardin 14

Thanks for the information @Hardin County Preps!

I know Coach Wallace made a comment about three defensive players missing the Manual game because of injury, are any of those three going to return for this Friday's matchup?

I would think that St. X should be able to run the ball between the tackles against North Hardin; that's where they seem a bit susceptible. If they want to get to the outside I would be surprised if the Tigers put Mekhi back at QB and let him run it a little bit. I know it didn't work out for them very well last week, but it does seem that "wildcat" formation has becomes a staple of their offensive packages.  

• Like 1