Cooper at Highlands Predictions/Updates ***Upset Alert***

El Diablo

Who wins this one?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this one?

This poll is closed to new votes

13 minutes ago, theguru said:

What is your take on this game fc?

I haven’t seen Highlands play this year. However, judging from the scores. Highlands has been inconsistent this year. So I think the first quarter is key for this one.  They can’t let Highlands jump out to the quick start like I heard Highlands did against Conner. If Cooper doesn’t allow Highlands to get off to a quick start, then this game may surprise some people. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

I haven’t seen Highlands play this year. However, judging from the scores. Highlands has been inconsistent this year. So I think the first quarter is key for this one.  They can’t let Highlands jump out to the quick start like I heard Highlands did against Conner. If Cooper doesn’t allow Highlands to get off to a quick start, then this game may surprise some people. 

Things all went Highlands' way against Conner and I agree with you if Cooper starts strong this should be a game. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Cooper has 2 wins. The 2 teams they beat have one win each. I don't see how anyone outside of the Cooper program can pick Cooper to win this game.

I think we have to consider which Highlands team shows up, the one that obliterated Conner or the one that looked inept against CovCath.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, theguru said:

I think we have to consider which Highlands team shows up, the one that obliterated Conner or the one that looked inept against CovCath.  

Does the comparative abilities of Conner and Covington Catholic matter when trying to decipher where Highlands fits in this district, Class 5A, and against Cooper on Friday?

1 minute ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Does the comparative abilities of Conner and Covington Catholic matter when trying to decipher where Highlands fits in this district, Class 5A, and against Cooper on Friday?

I think looking at all available information is ideal but I agree Conner and Covington Catholic are apples and oranges.

34 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Cooper has 2 wins. The 2 teams they beat have one win each. I don't see how anyone outside of the Cooper program can pick Cooper to win this game.

I can make a case for Cooper. Highlands is coming off a decisive loss to their biggest rival.  No telling what that locker room looks like with so much negativity in Ft. Thomas right now. Cooper just needs to be close after the 1st quarter and see what happens from there. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, colonel-fan said:

I can make a case for Cooper. Highlands is coming off a decisive loss to their biggest rival.  No telling what that locker room looks like with so much negativity in Ft. Thomas right now. Cooper just needs to be close after the 1st quarter and see what happens from there. 

And the week after getting embarrassed by Boyle County, Highlands played their best game of the year by obliterating Conner. It goes both ways. Personally, if I were a Highlands fan, a loss to Cooper would be more embarrassing than the losses to Boyle County or Cov Cath. Cooper is a team Highlands clearly should beat.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

And the week after getting embarrassed by Boyle County, Highlands played their best game of the year by obliterating Conner. It goes both ways. Personally, if I were a Highlands fan, a loss to Cooper would be more embarrassing than the losses to Boyle County or Cov Cath. Cooper is a team Highlands clearly should beat.

Highlands may well win this game. But I don't care if Boyle beat them by 70. The loss to CovCath cuts a lot deeper. 

• Like 3

I’ll take Cooper in a close one. Understand on paper and previous games one would think Birds all day but If HHS goes all out thinking Lee is the only weapon on this team they could get surprised. Be overconfident if you must but I won’t be too stunned by an upset. 

• Like 1

• theguru changed the title to Cooper at Highlands Predictions/Updates ***Upset Alert***
  • theguru locked this topic