Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic (Frosh) - 2020 Schedule

Featured Replies

  • Replies 69
  • Views 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Colonels_Wear_Blue
    Colonels_Wear_Blue

  • colonel-fan
    colonel-fan

    Maybe because there is not a glaring reason for CovCath to do so? The JV team usually plays the school the varsity is playing that week. There is no shortage of frosh teams in NKY/Cincy to fill o

  • I agree with everything you guys are saying. Just appears to be natural in-state rivalries. Always like to see good competitive games between schools that have a lot in common. 

Posted Images

CCH freshman team is loaded. Two kickers that would play varsity on many teams. They are 5--0

2 hours ago, Sportsguy10 said:

CCH freshman team is loaded. Two kickers that would play varsity on many teams. They are 5--0

Alex Brock will definitely be the starting varsity kicker next year. His backup, Coby Klumb is really good as well, from what I understand.

I wouldn’t say definitely about anything But It will be very interesting to see how it works out the next few years! All good for CCH

9 hours ago, CCHFC said:

I thought Leen (CCH RB) was the best player on the field in the freshman game, but you’re never going to turn down talented players wanting to come into the program. This year on with the running backs on varsity should be a clear example of that.

To be fair, and I can't stress this enough....while Leen is supremely talented, he is NOT in the class of Giesler.

The young man D-E-S-T-R-O-Y-E-D Northern Kentucky Middle School Football league opponents last year for NCC. Man among boys. Granted, and I know we've seen this before, that COULD change...but I don't see that changing. He will be a legit superstar for the Colonels for the next four years. 

Hmmm. Well while Giesler was destroying the NKY league Owen and his teammates where playing the GCL league in Division 1. They lost against Visitation, who won the championship. Not trying to come across disrespectful BUT the league are night and day. I will agree I think Cam is a better back Owen Leen is an outstanding MLB and a good RB. Starting tomorrow they will be teammates! So all is good. 
Both are good talented athletes  

I thought Giesler looked pretty average against CovCath, did I miss something? They only scored 6 points.

3 hours ago, 4th&1 said:

I thought Giesler looked pretty average against CovCath, did I miss something? They only scored 6 points.

Nah you could see the athleticism and tackle breaking ability, but the CCH back 8 kept him under control. I’m excited to add him and I expect him and Owen to get a bunch of carries at the varsity level next year. 

23 minutes ago, CCHFC said:

Nah you could see the athleticism and tackle breaking ability, but the CCH back 8 kept him under control. I’m excited to add him and I expect him and Owen to get a bunch of carries at the varsity level next year. 

Next year?  Don’t he and family want them THIS YEAR ?

1 hour ago, Jack of all Trades said:

Next year?  Don’t he and family want them THIS YEAR ?

 

5 hours ago, 4th&1 said:

I thought Giesler looked pretty average against CovCath, did I miss something? They only scored 6 points.

 

1 hour ago, CCHFC said:

Nah you could see the athleticism and tackle breaking ability, but the CCH back 8 kept him under control. I’m excited to add him and I expect him and Owen to get a bunch of carries at the varsity level next year. 

Maybe it has been said and I missed it. However, does anyone actually know for sure if he actually will get to play in games with CovCath this season?

  • Author
2 hours ago, Jack of all Trades said:

Next year?  Don’t he and family want them THIS YEAR ?

Assuming he doesn't have varsity minutes in any sports, is he eligible to play this year? Does the KHSAA have any say at this point?

44 minutes ago, The Oracle said:

Assuming he doesn't have varsity minutes in any sports, is he eligible to play this year? Does the KHSAA have any say at this point?

I believe transfer rules only apply if you have played varsity.  If an athlete has not played varsity at a school, they can transfer and play immediately any time they want.

I was told he can play right away, but I will ask around. Will be a nice piece starting next year.

On 10/8/2020 at 7:33 PM, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Evan Pitzer's arm looks better and better with each game. Owen Leen is going to be a really nice addition in the backfield for Cov Cath, as is Carter Newborn. Willie Rodriguez, Charlie Dieruf and Casey Bir are all studs...and kicker Alex Brock is really impressive as a freshman.

I went back and watched pieces of a couple of the Cov Cath freshman games over the weekend. Owen Leen and Casey Bir both give me some glances back to a couple of guys who played around the same time I did. Leen has a kind of a scrappy, tough little guy quality to him like we saw out of Galen Healey (CCH '95), Jeremy Madden (CCH '98) and Cole Chadwick (CCH '01) - especially the "give me eighteen inches of daylight" ability that Chadwick had to squirt through and make positive yardage happen. Then Bir has a little bit of John Dailey (CCH '95) in him...stout guy, good on their feet, good ball carrier whether or not he has to bowl right through somebody to pick up a few yards.

I like it.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.