7/11 buys Speedways

Jumper_Dad

21 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:
7/11 spent $21 Billion buying all of the nation's Speedway stores.

It looks like all Speedways will become 7/11 stores sometime in the near future. So besides Slurpee's what does 7/11 do better than other stores of that type...if anything?

I have t. Even in a 7-11 in years.  They were common in the area I’m from, and i used to live about a block from one while in college.  Hopefully, at the very least, they’ll be cleaner.  Speedways always seem dirty, and rundown.  They are my last choice when looking for a convenience store, and I’ll drive by one to get to a Thornton’s or UDF.

I know of at least one place where a Speedway is currently on the opposite side of the street from a 7-11. 

For what it is worth, I get better gas prices from Shell. Last week, with my Fuel Reward Gold discount, dining discount, T-Mobile discount, and Shell pay 4th fill-up discount, I saved over 70 cents a gallon, paid $1.06/gallon to fill up the truck.

7 hours ago, rjs4470 said:

Speedways always seem dirty, and rundown.

My first thought, too. Never been a fan. Around my area the best option is typically Five Star. I like UDF (as you mentioned), but they aren’t in central Kentucky. To my knowledge I’ve never been to a 7-11.

20 hours ago, OlDog75 said:

Greedways in NKY leave A LOT to be desired regarding cleanliness, stock, and price of gas (hell, price of anything).  If there are NO other choices for gas and I'm on fumes, I might stop there.

I've found that gas pricing is pretty much in line with other stations in their area. Some may move the number a little sooner, but for the most part gas stations within eyeshot of each other will be the same price or a couple cents different. And anything you buy at a gas station store is going to be higher priced...it's the price of convenience. But there are a half dozen Speedways that are in my normal circle of travel, and all are rundown/dirty/poorly stocked. You couldn't pay me to buy any food they've prepared. I guess these issues are all dependent on managment, and maybe it's just in NKY/Cincy, but Speedways are pretty much gross.

20 hours ago, rjs4470 said:

I've found that gas pricing is pretty much in line with other stations in their area. Some may move the number a little sooner, but for the most part gas stations within eyeshot of each other will be the same price or a couple cents different. And anything you buy at a gas station store is going to be higher priced...it's the price of convenience. But there are a half dozen Speedways that are in my normal circle of travel, and all are rundown/dirty/poorly stocked. You couldn't pay me to buy any food they've prepared. I guess these issues are all dependent on managment, and maybe it's just in NKY/Cincy, but Speedways are pretty much gross.

I find that Greedway stations are consistently among the higher priced per gallon no matter where located.