7/11 buys Speedways

Jumper_Dad

1 hour ago, OlDog75 said:

I find that Greedway stations are consistently among the higher priced per gallon no matter where located.

A couple or a few cents/gallon really doesn't bother me enough to go elsewhere. I'll pay a few extra cents per gallon, to go someplace that's well stocked and clean if I need to buy something or use the bathroom real quick.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rjs4470 said:

A couple or a few cents/gallon really doesn't bother me enough to go elsewhere. I'll pay a few extra cents per gallon, to go someplace that's well stocked and clean if I need to buy something or use the bathroom real quick.

Same here. I always get gas at the same places every time for this reason only. Honestly I don’t even really look at prices that much. I mean I notice if it goes up and down at my usual place, but don’t really look at prices around town much. Basically every time I fill up I end up either using the restroom or getting a drink inside anyways. It’s good to know that the facilities are reliable. 

I usually stay away from Speedway, unless it's my only choice which hasn't happened that much the last few years.  Had a favorite Shell station but it changed over to a Circle K and no longer sells Shell gas.  I was also using a Velero station in another NKY area but it changed hands a few years after it had become Velero.

• 3 weeks later...

From my experience, Speedway stations are notorious about being the cause behind wild price swings per gallon as the market driver in towns they are located. We have no Speedway stations in Nelson Co., fortunately, and our prices per gallon tend to not be volatile.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jim Schue said:

From my experience, Speedway stations are notorious about being the cause behind wild price swings per gallon as the market driver in towns they are located. We have no Speedway stations in Nelson Co., fortunately, and our prices per gallon tend to not be volatile.

I tend to agree.  However, in my experiences, any price change has usually been for the better.  If you're going to find the cheapest gas in Grant County, it's most likely going to be in Dry Ridge (where Speedway is).  Right now, the difference between Dry Ridge and Crittenden or Williamstown is 13-cents.  I've seen it be a quarter or more on several occasions.