Limit on number of students dressing for games?

barrel

Would seem to me that anyone not in uniform or an actual coach or medical personnel and perhaps a few managers should NOT be on sideline. Also heard coaching box is from 10 yard line to 10 yard line! The "get back" coach will become the "where are you?" coach lol.

• Like 1

Rule/statement should Have also specifically addressed all the non essential people on sidelines. Parents, former players, friends of people, siblings of players,  non coaching faculty, etc that are allowed on sidelines during games by some schools. Nothing more frustrating working a chain crew than dodging all the spectators at some HS games. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, LoudenSwain said:

Rule/statement should Have also specifically addressed all the non essential people on sidelines. Parents, former players, friends of people, siblings of players,  non coaching faculty, etc that are allowed on sidelines during games by some schools. Nothing more frustrating working a chain crew than dodging all the spectators at some HS games. 

Good point. Do former players "protecting cheerleaders" on the sideline count as essential? 😅

Incident involving a player and fan during Paintsville/Williamsburg game

tenor.gif&key=623320cd9e90e45fb9a79a75c8

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

This goes against what HS sports are all about. Dressing for a Friday night game is a reward for the all year conditioning and spring and pre-season practices. I can’t imagine anyone not included in the 60 would continue to want to be on the team even though I’m sure there will be some. It’s a big disadvantage for teams like FD, Trinity, STX & Male who have been known to fill the sidelines with players. Just doesn’t seem right that the KHSAA can limit the number of players even though some schools have an overflow of assistant coaches, trainers, statisticians, etc on the sidelines. Appears to me this is directly aimed at the larger schools who traditionally dress 80 players. 

29 minutes ago, Roundsteak said:

This goes against what HS sports are all about. Dressing for a Friday night game is a reward for the all year conditioning and spring and pre-season practices. I can’t imagine anyone not included in the 60 would continue to want to be on the team even though I’m sure there will be some. It’s a big disadvantage for teams like FD, Trinity, STX & Male who have been known to fill the sidelines with players. Just doesn’t seem right that the KHSAA can limit the number of players even though some schools have an overflow of assistant coaches, trainers, statisticians, etc on the sidelines. Appears to me this is directly aimed at the larger schools who traditionally dress 80 players. 

Yes big schools are affected.  I don’t think they are being targeted.  This is all about maintaining the required social distancing.  I would guess you’ll see a lot less of the “extra” personnel this year.