Will 2020 be Bob Beatty's last year at Trinity?

If it is, it's a well deserved retirement. He's won 14 state titles, 1 mythical NC, and had multiple undefeated seasons. His teams have beaten almost every team they've played. In some cases given other programs their worst losses in history. He has proven everything as a coach. This years team would likely be his best, in terms of a full, healthy, well rounded team. If they don't get to play, it would be sad. But at 65, and 20 seasons at one school is a lot of time.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, LongTimeReader said:

I heard that last September; I guess we’ll wait and see. 

Same. And isn't Trinity loaded with juniors this season or am I wrong? If so, seems like two more years would make sense.

1 minute ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Same. And isn't Trinity loaded with juniors this season or am I wrong? If so, seems like two more years would make sense.

I agree it would make sense but I also think it would be the ideal time to bring in a new coach and continue a tradition of excellence. 

• Like 1

Just now, theguru said:

I agree it would make sense but I also think it would be the ideal time to bring in a new coach and continue a tradition of excellence. 

That is the big follow up: any potential Beatty replacements floating around Kentucky or does Trinity look beyond the state line like they've done in the past?