Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Privacy

Featured Replies

I’m honestly looking for someone to open my eyes on this issue.

 

I’m sure I’m in the minority, but I truly don’t care if the higher ups are listening and watching me through my phone, IPad, laptop, etc....

 

Also, Bluegrass Preps is as close as I come to social media. No Facebook, instagram or Twitter. I’m obviously a private person in that aspect and the thought of being “monitored” still doesn’t bother me in the least.

 

Someone tell me why I should feel differently.

I’m mostly the opposite. While I don’t think I have anything to hide, I resent intrusion.

  • Author
I’m mostly the opposite. While I don’t think I have anything to hide, I resent intrusion.

 

I get that.

 

That’s also why I don’t dabble in social media. For the most part, the people I love know exactly what’s going on in my life.

 

I genuinely don’t care what a random acquaintance from high school is into 15 years later and wouldn’t expect them to care about my life...

 

If I’m being “watched” for the greater safety of our society, that doesn’t bother me.

I’m honestly looking for someone to open my eyes on this issue.

 

I’m sure I’m in the minority, but I truly don’t care if the higher ups are listening and watching me through my phone, IPad, laptop, etc....

 

Also, Bluegrass Preps is as close as I come to social media. No Facebook, instagram or Twitter. I’m obviously a private person in that aspect and the thought of being “monitored” still doesn’t bother me in the least.

 

Someone tell me why I should feel differently.

 

I suspect we are being “watched” And that more is known about us than anyone would realize. That being said, that really doesn’t concern me.

  • Author
I suspect we are being “watched” And that more is known about us than anyone would realize. That being said, that really doesn’t concern me.

 

Agreed, and I’m fine with that.

I am not for intrusion. That said, I also assume it occurs on some minuscule level, but not near to the level that people believe nor do I think "they" are watching our every little move. The big questions/comments I always ask when I am told this is:

 

- Who is "they"?

- Why do "they" care?

- And if "they" want to monitor my life, I assume it is about like 99.99% of everyone else's life in that it is boring. Most of us have little to offer.

- "Well, they want to control your life." Again, who wants to control my life? And if they are, I suppose they are doing a good job with most of us.

Just for cybersecurity purposes, I block any attempt I find of monitoring and phishing, and there are many. And I do have things to hide, especially my medical history.

I personally do not have anything to hide. A couple of years back, my husband I were listening to Alexa in our kitchen. We were discussing buying something. The next day, my Facebook had all kinds of add for the exact thing we were discussing. That freaked me out.

 

My sister previously told me a similar story, but I thought she was nuts.

 

Bottom line, I am ok with getting notifications when you have been shopping online. Creeps me out when Alexa is listening. That to me is a very personal invasion. You can’t tell me that the government can’t do the same.

 

George Orwel was smarter than we thought.

  • Author
Just for cybersecurity purposes, I block any attempt I find of monitoring and phishing, and there are many. And I do have things to hide, especially my medical history.

 

I hope you’re comfortable answering this, but what ?

 

What part of your medical history needs to be hidden and why ?

  • Author
I am not for intrusion. That said, I also assume it occurs on some minuscule level, but not near to the level that people believe nor do I think "they" are watching our every little move. The big questions/comments I always ask when I am told this is:

 

- Who is "they"?

- Why do "they" care?

- And if "they" want to monitor my life, I assume it is about like 99.99% of everyone else's life in that it is boring. Most of us have little to offer.

- "Well, they want to control your life." Again, who wants to control my life? And if they are, I suppose they are doing a good job with most of us.

 

This is where I am.

 

If “they” are watching me, why would I care ?

 

My life is extremely boring. I don’t care if “they” watch me drink 18 beers and listen To Lil Wayne and Sammy Kershaw...

Unless you have absolutely zero technology that you use, spare me on the lecture about big brother watching. You are willingly putting your information out there.

I hope you’re comfortable answering this, but what ?

 

What part of your medical history needs to be hidden and why ?

 

If he told you, he'd have to kill you.

I suspect we are being “watched” And that more is known about us than anyone would realize. That being said, that really doesn’t concern me.

 

Agreed, and I’m fine with that.

 

Same.

Do a search for some product on your phone and see how long it takes for an ad for that product to show up when you go visit another website.

  • Author
Unless you have absolutely zero technology that you use, spare me on the lecture about big brother watching. You are willingly putting your information out there.

 

Yup.

 

Unless you’re using a rotary phone with no internet access, “they” already have you...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.