Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Privacy

Featured Replies

I personally do not have anything to hide. A couple of years back, my husband I were listening to Alexa in our kitchen. We were discussing buying something. The next day, my Facebook had all kinds of add for the exact thing we were discussing. That freaked me out.

 

My sister previously told me a similar story, but I thought she was nuts.

 

Bottom line, I am ok with getting notifications when you have been shopping online. Creeps me out when Alexa is listening. That to me is a very personal invasion. You can’t tell me that the government can’t do the same.

 

George Orwel was smarter than we thought.

 

Happened to my wife and I just this week. I didn't search at all on my phone for the things we were discussing and sure enough, next day I get sponsored ads for it. Its just kind of weird but that's the world we live in now I guess.

Do a search for some product on your phone and see how long it takes for an ad for that product to show up when you go visit another website.

 

And not even on the same computer.

 

While I am use to FB listening and watching (it does both via computer and phone) I had an even more extend version of this scenerio happen this week.

 

I looked up a product / service on my work laptop via Google. On that laptop I have no FB and do not use twitter or other personal social media. Linkedin is all.

 

That product/service then started showin up on my FB feed on my personal laptop. I figure IP address correlation may be in play or maybe even just simply listen in since I was talking to someone about the product on the mobile phone while both laptops were in the home office.

 

Their ability to track extra-platform and across devices is getting scary.

Do a search for some product on your phone and see how long it takes for an ad for that product to show up when you go visit another website.

 

Or even talk about it.

I hope you’re comfortable answering this, but what ?

 

What part of your medical history needs to be hidden and why ?

 

All of my medical history. My medical history is between me and my doctor. Under HIPAA nobody should be able to access it without my permission.

According to a Simpson's episode back in 1996 "if you've ever touched a penny, the government has your DNA. Why do you think they keep them in circulation?"

All of my medical history. My medical history is between me and my doctor. Under HIPAA nobody should be able to access it without my permission.

 

Unless you had COVID; are suspected of ever having COVID; was in the vicinity of of someone having or suspected of having COVID. Then your whole life is an open book to the tracers - with help from your phone with tracking built into the OS.

I hope you’re comfortable answering this, but what ?

 

What part of your medical history needs to be hidden and why ?

From an employer perspective you are not legally allowed to discriminate based upon one's medical condition. Say you are going through a list of job applicants and see that Joe Smith has a condition of which you believe you would have to modify the workplace for him to work so you throw out the application. That is illegal and classic discrimination.

  • Author
All of my medical history. My medical history is between me and my doctor. Under HIPAA nobody should be able to access it without my permission.

 

From an employer perspective you are not legally allowed to discriminate based upon one's medical condition. Say you are going through a list of job applicants and see that Joe Smith has a condition of which you believe you would have to modify the workplace for him to work so you throw out the application. That is illegal and classic discrimination.

 

Great points.

 

I never considered medical history.

Great points.

 

I never considered medical history.

So get this.

 

I used a pharmacy for the for the first time this afternoon because they’re local and can do compounded medicines.

 

45 minutes after getting the scrip filled I got a text. No words, just an image of a “discount prescription card”. The number was from Brownsville Texas.

 

Its a scam.

  • Author
So get this.

 

I used a pharmacy for the for the first time this afternoon because they’re local and can do compounded medicines.

 

45 minutes after getting the scrip filled I got a text. No words, just an image of a “discount prescription card”. The number was from Brownsville Texas.

 

Its a scam.

 

PNG image.png

 

Something like this ?

Got it around 2am a few nights ago.

No new pharmacy dealings though.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]70488[/ATTACH]

 

Something like this ?

Got it around 2am a few nights ago.

No new pharmacy dealings though.

That’s the one.

  • Author
That’s the one.

 

Maybe I should restate my opinion.

 

I don’t care if the authorities are listening and watching me.

 

I’m not comfortable with Amazon,Walmart and hackers/scam artists monitoring me.

From an employer perspective you are not legally allowed to discriminate based upon one's medical condition. Say you are going through a list of job applicants and see that Joe Smith has a condition of which you believe you would have to modify the workplace for him to work so you throw out the application. That is illegal and classic discrimination.

Agree. Or an employer placing you in job assignments based on what they may have learned about your medical history, and possibly giving the better opportunities to individuals that they deem healthier or younger.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.