Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Herd Immunity and Shelter-in-place policies

Featured Replies

Any of you all going to get the vaccine as soon as it’s available?

  • Replies 201
  • Views 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
5 minutes ago, 00Rocket28 said:

Any of you all going to get the vaccine as soon as it’s available?

No chance.

 

38 minutes ago, 00Rocket28 said:

Any of you all going to get the vaccine as soon as it’s available?

No, but I also have never had a flu shot. 

1 hour ago, 00Rocket28 said:

Any of you all going to get the vaccine as soon as it’s available?

I’m not sure how anyone can answer that without more information. We don’t know what the vaccine will look like. I could see getting it if I feel the positive outweighs the negative and the inverse could be true as well. We just don’t have near the amount of information we need yet to make a decision like that. 

  • Author
4 minutes ago, GrantNKY said:

I’m not sure how anyone can answer that without more information. We don’t know what the vaccine will look like. I could see getting it if I feel the positive outweighs the negative and the inverse could be true as well. We just don’t have near the amount of information we need yet to make a decision like that. 

That is a no. ?

No vaccine for this guy. I guess it's just me being a rugged individualist though...

 

I've had MMR vaccines before. But I never get a flu vaccine and Covid wil be no different then the flu for me because I got the good type O blood. 

You and I can say no all we want, but there is legal precedent for US compulsory vaccination laws. 

 

 

3 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

No, but I also have never had a flu shot. 

Same.

If you believe in herd immunity, wouldn't you be in favor of people taking the vaccine?

  • Author
11 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

If you believe in herd immunity, wouldn't you be in favor of people taking the vaccine?

A safe vaccine, for sure. 

54 minutes ago, theguru said:

A safe vaccine, for sure. 

 And how will you determine if it is a safe vaccine or not?

 Regardless of how you measure that, the vaccine is going to be safer then getting the virus itself to develop herd immunity, right?

  • Author
31 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

 And how will you determine if it is a safe vaccine or not?

 Regardless of how you measure that, the vaccine is going to be safer then getting the virus itself to develop herd immunity, right?

I want to give it some time on safety and if all appears to be well I will strongly consider getting the vaccine.

To your second, I believe that is to be determined and I should add again for the record I believe I had COVID at the start of the year. 

3 hours ago, swamprat said:

You and I can say no all we want, but there is legal precedent for US compulsory vaccination laws. 

 

 

Sadly, and scarily this is a fact.  People would be shocked if they really read the actual state laws. 

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

 And how will you determine if it is a safe vaccine or not?

 Regardless of how you measure that, the vaccine is going to be safer then getting the virus itself to develop herd immunity, right?

Anything that comes out in the next two years would almost, by default, not met the "safe" criteria. 

Rushed supposed vaccines did serious and permanent damage back in one the previous scares. 

Some of the COVID vaccines are DNA vaccines. 

https://clinicalresearch.itmat.upenn.edu/clinicaltrial/6408/covid-19-coronavirus-covid-19-dna-vaccine/

Wiki on DNA Vaccines:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DNA_vaccination

From above:

Quote

No DNA vaccines have been approved for human use in the United States.

Talk about uncharted territory that is being rushed into. 

 

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.