Herd Immunity and Shelter-in-place policies

theguru

22 hours ago, theguru said:

I should add again for the record I believe I had COVID at the start of the year. 

In January I flew to Minneapolis. Shortly after that I developed a weird sinus type infection. I never get sick, never go to the doctor except checkups. I had to make two trips to the doctor to get it cleared up. Do I think it was COVID? Nope. Not at all. Symptoms don't match COVID. It seems like everyone who got sick this winter thinks they had COVID.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

In January I flew to Minneapolis. Shortly after that I developed a weird sinus type infection. I never get sick, never go to the doctor except checkups. I had to make two trips to the doctor to get it cleared up. Do I think it was COVID? Nope. Not at all. Symptoms don't match COVID. It seems like everyone who got sick this winter thinks they had COVID.

I agree a lot of people default to they had COVID.  Obviously I am guessing but the fact my taste/smell was messed up for awhile has me leaning that direction.  Either way, based on how I live my life I have to have been exposed to COVID on numerous occasions. 

41 minutes ago, theguru said:

I agree a lot of people default to they had COVID.  Obviously I am guessing but the fact my taste/smell was messed up for awhile has me leaning that direction.  Either way, based on how I live my life I have to have been exposed to COVID on numerous occasions. 

I feel the same way, we got back from a 7 day cruise in mid February, changed planes from San Juan in Newerk, workers were wearing mask already, never thought much about it, but for the next two weeks, my wife and I coughed our heads off, drank cough syrup like water, finally just went away, plus I work at the airport , so I have had to been exposed.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

I’m getting antibody test Wednesday through UofL immunity study. I had some type of respiratory illness in March so will be interesting what results say.

Did you sign up for that or did they just reach out to you?