2020 Baseball Season - Are there any KHSAA updates?

So in light of the current situation dealing with the Corona virus. What are everyone’s thoughts on our season this year. Has KHSAA made any statements or planning on addressing it?

Could get interesting...

Let's see what the KHSAA does with the Sweet 16® first.

I closed this last night, it is fair game now.

My guess is this is a day to day situation. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the first two or three weeks of the season go away. If schools get shut down for any length longer than 2-3 weeks, I’d have to think the season would be in jeopardy.

My guess is this is a day to day situation. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the first two or three weeks of the season go away. If schools get shut down for any length longer than 2-3 weeks, I’d have to think the season would be in jeopardy.

Best guess - and with no knowledge - is that if everything returns to normal in a few weeks (which could be a big if), I could imagine an abbreviated regular season (10-15 games, perhaps) and a regular postseason of district, region, and state.

If things do not return to normal by the middle of April, I suspect the season will fall by the wayside. It is likely too early to tell.

If teams don't play until districts in May that would be quite wild.

Since the NCAA shut down college sports through the spring (meaning no College World Series), I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see any sports for the remainder of this school year. There's even a rumor the pro leagues might be shut down until the summer.