BGP QOTD: What's your favorite cafeteria food?

Colonels_Wear_Blue

School pizza. And for some reason which I could never figure out it was always served with corn. I can't think of anywhere outside of school where pizza and corn would hang out on the same plate. We usually had it every Friday. Husky boys like me had to remember to bring an extra $1 for the second piece of pizza.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]69817[/ATTACH]

I think it is a state law. If you serve pizza in a public school it must be served with corn. LOL. Seriously, how about that school grilled cheese? Have never been able to duplicate that at home. Todays school lunches are not nearly as good as they were back in the 80's, 90's, and early 2000's. Everybody is worried about nutrition.

I think it is a state law. If you serve pizza in a public school it must be served with corn. LOL. Seriously, how about that school grilled cheese? Have never been able to duplicate that at home. Todays school lunches are not nearly as good as they were back in the 80's, 90's, and early 2000's. Everybody is worried about nutrition.

The grilled cheese was the first thing that came to mind when I opened this thread. It seems like they used Texas toast and then baked them ? They were amazing....

I’m with everyone else, the rectangle pizza was my favorite.

I was also a fan of the sausage wrapped in a pancake that was served for breakfast.

#1=Square Pizza

#2=Cheeseburgers

#3=Salad bar

#4=Grilled cheese

My high school would offer double fries for an upcharge. And you could order a “double” sandwich, which was basically the leftovers from the day before. The cool thing we had was milkshakes, which were really good—-super thick, and in the 3 basic flavors, chocolate, vanilla and strawberry. Our school lunches were very strong. In fact they were better than what my college cafeteria did before it remodeled after my freshman year.

We had it pretty good at Paul Blazer (for school food) back in the day and I hear it's even better now with locally grown foods as well as rapid fired pizza that has replaced rectangular school pizza. But I'll throw a few favorites out there in no particular order.

Spaghetti - every thursday, kids ran to lunch on Thursdays.

Taco salad - available daily and was really good for nacho style taco salad.

Antipasto Salad - available daily. Really large portion with plenty of deli meats.

Steak hoagie - available once a week.

Salisbury Steak - available once a week.

Hot ham and cheese - available daily.

Baked lasagna - was rare to get this one but it would pop up a couple of times a month. I believed they actually used ricotta cheese.

School pizza - available daily. I like school pizzas but we had plenty of other options so as my high school years progressed I found myself eating it less often.

Chili Fiesta Sticks.

Not sure if they were only at Highlands.

Basically a ground beef tortilla crispied up on the heat roller served with a side of grated cheese. Sounds gross but they were delicious.

School pizza. And for some reason which I could never figure out it was always served with corn. I can't think of anywhere outside of school where pizza and corn would hang out on the same plate. We usually had it every Friday. Husky boys like me had to remember to bring an extra $1 for the second piece of pizza.

:lol2: So true. I never got the combo either, but I destroyed it every single time.

It's so the corn can "clean out" what the cheese would "clog up". Yin and yang. :lol2: