Danville - 2020 Schedule

Aug 22 vs. Bell County (Bob Allen Pigskin Classic)

Aug 28 vs. Bardstown

Sep 4 at Boyle County

Sep 11 vs. Madison Central (at Madison Southern Sipple Bowl)

Sep 18 at Hazard

Sep 25 vs. Wayne County

Oct 2 at Allen County-Scottsville

Oct 9 vs. Somerset (District)

Oct 16 at Washington County (District)

Oct 23 vs. Lexington Christian Academy (District)

The Ads were 3-7 in 2019, playing a 9-game regular season schedule and losing to Somerset a second time in round 1 of the playoffs after also losing to them in regular season district play. This season they swap Bell County into their schedule in place of John Hardin, whom they beat in the Bob Allen Pigskin Classic last year, and they also add in Wayne County to fill out a 10-game schedule this year.

For reference:

Danville - 2019 Schedule

I expect Danville to be considerably better in 2019.

Anyone who saw their roster turnover and youth knew they were going to take it hard on the chin this year, especially with their schedule and having two of the three best teams in 2A in their District.

Danville played a ton of Sophomores and did show noticeable gains as the season went. They have to replace their heart and soul on Defense in Bell, but they should close the gap some on Somerset and LCA who were clearly a step or three above.

That is a tough schedule though. I could very easily see a 4-6 season or a 5-5 season.

I think on paper entering 2019

Losses-

Bell County

Boyle County

Wayne County

Somerset

LCA

Tossup:

Hazard

Bardstown

They should be a favorite against Madison Central and ACS, but both of those will be competitive.

The Key is QB Sage Dawson, he started as a freshman. If he continues to grow I think Danville has a chance to beat anybody on their schedule. Sophomore RB Caleb Burns will be a beast next year. Also, they must find ways to get the ball to Keelan Story other than putting him in the backfield. He needs to be out in space, like they used Vancleave.

Tough schedule. Team should be improved but that schedule could produce another sub .500 record. If that happens I’m pretty sure 3 losing seasons in a row has never happened at Danville before.

I’m not sure they have three losing seasons in their history.

Seriously.

...and they also add in Wayne County to fill out a 10-game schedule this year.

Technically they aren't adding Wayne County in 2020. Danville traveled to Wayne last season but the game was delayed and then canceled after a series of storms passed through southern Kentucky. It was the same weekend Bowling Green at Corbin was canceled along with Bethlehem at Lynn Camp. So this is just the back half of the two-year contract.

Nevermind. I guess they have an off week after their final game before the playoffs.

Danville had a bye right before the playoffs this past season. Giving them two weeks to prepare for the 1st round makes them dangerous.

Danville had a bye right before the playoffs this past season. Giving them two weeks to prepare for the 1st round makes them dangerous.

It's interesting the opposing views you hear about the Week 10 bye...a lot of coaches see it as a "rest up and prepare for the playoffs" advantage, where a lot of others see it as a disadvantage where teams that are firing on all cylinders end up cooling down when they want to be staying hot.

It's interesting the opposing views you hear about the Week 10 bye...a lot of coaches see it as a "rest up and prepare for the playoffs" advantage, where a lot of others see it as a disadvantage where teams that are firing on all cylinders end up cooling down when they want to be staying hot.

I agree. If you have momentum, you don't want a bye. Giving Clevenger two weeks to prepare for you, though, in this new playoff format changes things a bit.

Really tough schedule next year and I know they used a lot of soph's this year and I think will be better next year but man are they going to miss Darrian Bell. Kid was an absolute monster on the defensive side of the ball the last two years. I think the best player on the field for them both of those years, especially on the defensive side. Big shoes to fill.