9th Region Freshmen Standings

Standings for the week of 1/28/07

Highlands 17-0

W NCC, Elder, Beechwood, St. Henry, NCC, Campbell, Dixie, Brossart, Brossart, HC, Ryle, Cov Cath, Boone, Lloyd, HC, Scott, Conner

L

Boone County 16-5

W Ryle, Holy Cross, Newport, Dixie, Scott, Lloyd, Holmes, Conner, SK, Scott, Moeller, Brossart, St Henry, Cov Cath, Beechwood, Campbell

L Brossart, NewCath, Dixie, Highlands, HC

Ryle 14-4

W Scott, Grant Co, Dixie, Glen Este, Holmes, GRC, Mason Co, HC, SK, NCC, St. H, CCH, Beechwood, Conner

L Boone, Male, Highlands, Newport

Holy Cross 13-7

W Conner, Scott, Holmes, Brossart, Lloyd, St. Henry, Dixie, Ludlow, SK, Harrison OH, Beechwood, Newport, Boone

L Boone, CCH, Highlands, Dixie, Elder, Ryle, Highlands

Newport 12-5

W Scott, Lloyd, Bellevue, Scott, Purcell, Dayton, Ryle, Campbell, SK, Bell, Holmes, Ludlow

L Dixie, Boone, Brossart, NCC, Conner

Conner 12-8

W Scott, Ludlow, SK, Beechwood, Lloyd, Holmes, Newport, Dixie, NCC, ?, ?, ?

L Holy Cross, Dixie, Boone, HC, Scott, Highlands, Ryle, CCH

Dixie 10-5

W Newport, Conner, CCH, HC, Brossart, Bellevue, SK, SK, Boone, St. H

L Boone, Ryle, Highlands, HC, Conner

Covington Catholic 9-8 (someone please fill in who the W/L are)

W HC, Elder, GRC, SK, St. H, ?, ?, Holmes, Conner

L Dixie, J-Town, Tates Creek, Mason Co, ?, Highlands, Boone, Ryle

Newport Central Catholic 8-6

W Newport, St. H, Boone, Scott, Bellevue, Lloyd, Holmes, Beechwood

L Highlands, Brossart, ST. H, Highlands, Ryle, Conner

St. Henry 7-7

W NCC, SK, SK, Brossart, Beechwood, Scott, Lloyd

L Highlands, HC, NCC, CCH, Dixie, Ryle, Boone

Holmes 3-7

W GRC, Tates Creek, SK

L HC, NCC, Boone, Ryle, Male, Cov Cath, Newport

Bellevue 4-9

W Silver Grove, Williamstown, Williamstown, Ludlow

L Brossart, Bracken, Scott, NCC, Newport, Dixie, Bracken, Beechwood, Dayton

Dayton 1-2

W Bellevue

L Brossart, Newport

Beechwood 1-8

W Bellevue

L Brossart, Highlands, HC, NCC, SK, St H, Ryle, Boone

Lloyd 0-8

W

L Newport, Boone, HC, Brossart, NCC, SK, Highlands, St. H

Ludlow 0-3

W

L HC, Bellevue, Newport

Heritage (No Report)

W

L

Covington Latin (No Report)

W

L

Villa Madonna (No Report)

W

L

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Upcoming Freshman Tournament

Highlands - Bye

HC vs. Holmes - 2/3/07 3PM

St. H vs. NCC - 2/3/07 4:30PM

Scott vs. Ryle - 2/3/07 6PM

Boone vs. Dixie - 2/3/07 7:30PM

SK vs. Newport - 2/7/07 5:15PM

Beechwood vs. CCH - 2/7/07 6:45PM

Conner vs. Lloyd - 2/7/07 8:15PM

Top four seeds were Highlands, Boone, Ryle, and Conner

Upcoming Freshman Tournament

Highlands - Bye

HC vs. Holmes - 2/3/07 3PM

St. H vs. NCC - 2/3/07 4:30PM

Scott vs. Ryle - 2/3/07 6PM

Boone vs. Dixie - 2/3/07 7:30PM

SK vs. Newport - 2/7/07 5:15PM

Beechwood vs. CCH - 2/7/07 6:45PM

Conner vs. Lloyd - 2/7/07 8:15PM

Top four seeds were Highlands, Boone, Ryle, and Conner

Wouldn't Highlands and Boone Co. be the top seeds? The 9th does a draw correct? If I heard correctly, only two teams are seeded, the rest are done with a blind draw. Better check your sources...

Wouldn't Highlands and Boone Co. be the top seeds? The 9th does a draw correct? If I heard correctly, only two teams are seeded, the rest are done with a blind draw. Better check your sources...

I was told tonight by a reliable source that 4 teams were seeded. The rest were a blind draw. Highlands and Boone were the top seeds.

Birds beat NCC's frosh last night to finish the regular season undefeated. Nice job boys. Keep up the hard work and sweep through the tournament. You can't let those dumb frosh football players win the championship and you guys not win the bball championship:jump:. You'd never hear the end of it. Focus hard, don't relax, play hard and listen to your coaches. Good luck.

I was told tonight by a reliable source that 4 teams were seeded. The rest were a blind draw. Highlands and Boone were the top seeds.

Highlands and Boone were top seeds in each division. The rest do not matter. I think there may have been a time when four teams were seeded, however this year only two were. There was debate on who would be the top seed in D-1, Boone, Dixie and Ryle. Conner plays no role in this mix.

Birds beat NCC's frosh last night to finish the regular season undefeated. Nice job boys. Keep up the hard work and sweep through the tournament. You can't let those dumb frosh football players win the championship and you guys not win the bball championship:jump:. You'd never hear the end of it. Focus hard, don't relax, play hard and listen to your coaches. Good luck.

Good words of wisdom LN. Focus will lead them to the championship as you get to the tourney and you can throw undefeated seasons out the window. Great job by the frosh though and congratulation to all of those kids and coaches. Good luck.

My question is will Boone Co go with their loaded lineup for the tourney or will they keep Earls/Gabbard and Popp on the varsity/JV?

Good words of wisdom LN. Focus will lead them to the championship as you get to the tourney and you can throw undefeated seasons out the window. Great job by the frosh though and congratulation to all of those kids and coaches. Good luck.

My question is will Boone Co go with their loaded lineup for the tourney or will they keep Earls/Gabbard and Popp on the varsity/JV?

Good question. Popp has just been medically cleared to play again, so I'm guessing he will play. It remains to be seen how much rust he will have after being off 5 weeks. Flannery (leading freshman and JV scorer) should play. I would be surprised if Earls played. He hasn't played any freshman all season. Not sure about Gabbard, but even if 2 of these 4 play, Boone is very tough. None of them may play in the freshman game if there are JV/varsity games that day.

Good question. Popp has just been medically cleared to play again, so I'm guessing he will play. It remains to be seen how much rust he will have after being off 5 weeks. Flannery (leading freshman and JV scorer) should play. I would be surprised if Earls played. He hasn't played any freshman all season. Not sure about Gabbard, but even if 2 of these 4 play, Boone is very tough. None of them may play in the freshman game if there are JV/varsity games that day.

I heard that Flannery, Gabbard & Popp will be playing in the freshman tournament. But Wildcatfan is right if there is a conflict with a JV/Varsity game they won't play with the freshman team.

I'd be disappointed in Boone if they had boys that play varsity and/or JV full-time playing in the frosh tourney. CCH didn't do it with Jacobs and Bovard or Maile. Highlands didn't do it with the Roberts boy. IMO the frosh tourney should be for the boys that played frosh ball. Period.