Who Do You Want To Win the Bowls?

Habib

Who Do You Want to Win?  

419 members have voted

1. 1. Who Do You Want to Win?

I think they failed if UF loses "convincingly", not necessarily blown out. I can see a 34-20 game that isn't played as close as good evidence. And I agree that UM needs to win, but convincingly? I'll bite, why?

Not a knock against Michigan, just that it would show the disparity between the teams, making Michigan look even more like the better #2 candidate to play in the big dance. I think on the other side of the issue, if UM and O$U play again and UM loses again and UF wins their game it would make for a bigger contraversy. IMO.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a knock against Michigan, just that it would show the disparity between the teams, making Michigan look even more like the better #2 candidate to play in the big dance. I think on the other side of the issue, if UM and O$U play again and UM loses again and UF wins their game it would make for a bigger contraversy. IMO.

I'd agree on the bigger controversy IF that were to happen. The problem with me is I don't think UF can beat ANY of the top 5 BCS teams. JMO, but I don't think they can hang with USC, UM, or OSU. We are talking about UF that was a blocked FG away from losing to South Carolina right? A win is a win, no matter what, but I just haven't seen it from them this year. Because I have nothing to compare them against b/c of a weak OOC schedule, I have to judge them by their close games and losses.

I think they failed if UF loses "convincingly", not necessarily blown out. I can see a 34-20 game that isn't played as close as good evidence. And I agree that UM needs to win, but convincingly? I'll bite, why?

So kinda how the Michigan, Ohio State game wasnt a 3 point game?!?! It was closer to 7 or 10. IMO

Florida

Notre Dame

Louisville

USC

Oklahoma

This isn't about "let someone else play". If that were the case, why not Boise St? 33 voters thought UM was better than UF before USC lost. Why does a sloppy win over Ark. change that? I'm a fan of the 2 best teams for the title, which is what the BCS is supposed to do. However, once again, they have failed.

We should be used to it by now...since it began I'd say the BCS is batting about .500 as far as getting the two best on the field to decide the title...

I'd agree on the bigger controversy IF that were to happen. The problem with me is I don't think UF can beat ANY of the top 5 BCS teams. JMO, but I don't think they can hang with USC, UM, or OSU. We are talking about UF that was a blocked FG away from losing to South Carolina right? A win is a win, no matter what, but I just haven't seen it from them this year. Because I have nothing to compare them against b/c of a weak OOC schedule, I have to judge them by their close games and losses.

And UM is a pass interferecne call away from losing by double digits...You can go back and forth for both teams on things that could have happened...You keep saying that the BCS is suppose to put the 2 best teams in the title game and that they didn't do that. But how do you know for sure that they are the number 2 team in the country. All they have done was yeah beat ND, but then just beat the rest of the teams in their big 10 conference, which OSU did as well. Then they lose to OSU though when they played them. There is nothing to show at all that UM is definitely the 2nd best team in the country, so you really just need to get off of that because me nor you really know who the best team in the country is. It really is just based on opinion, and if you look at resumes though, UF has the better one...They just have to have to some kind of playoff system, and I know that wont be pefect either, but it would atleast fix some things...

Wow, Michigan fans sure do cry a lot. I don't remember SEC and Auburn fans crying like babies when they really did get jobbed back in 04'. Michigan had a shot and lost. UF played a tougher schedule and had the same record at UM. They get the nod. Get to work on getting ready to play USC or you will all look pretty silly when Booty and the boys hang 50 on the Maize and Blue-it.

Wow, Michigan fans sure do cry a lot. I don't remember SEC and Auburn fans crying like babies when they really did get jobbed back in 04'. Michigan had a shot and lost. UF played a tougher schedule and had the same record at UM. They get the nod. Get to work on getting ready to play USC or you will all look pretty silly when Booty and the boys hang 50 on the Maize and Blue-it.

:thumb: :jump: