Habib

Who Do You Want to Win?  

419 members have voted

1. 1. Who Do You Want to Win?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is comical...imagine if they had their shot and maybe got beat by more....That's the whole reason why they don't belong there now.

UM is 0-2 in their last two Rose Bowls, they had better concentrate on that.

I'm sure they are. I disagree with the "they had their shot" logic though. Where is that written in the BCS? I missed that. UF "had their shot" to go undefeated, and did not, so should Boise be in? We both know the answer to that. Imagine if UF doesn't block that FG? Imagine if Arkansas doesn't muff a punt for a TD? So by that logic does UF also not belong?

As I've said in the other thread, what nobody's talking about is the swing in votes that will go back to the Big 10 should OSU lose and UM win fairly convincingly. One need only to look as far back as 2003 to see that such a split is likely in that scenario. And for the record, I don't think anyone can say that UM or UF "doesn't belong" in talk or consideration for the National title game.

I'm sure they are. I disagree with the "they had their shot" logic though. Where is that written in the BCS? I missed that. UF "had their shot" to go undefeated, and did not, so should Boise be in? We both know the answer to that. Imagine if UF doesn't block that FG? Imagine if Arkansas doesn't muff a punt for a TD? So by that logic does UF also not belong?

As I've said in the other thread, what nobody's talking about is the swing in votes that will go back to the Big 10 should OSU lose and UM win fairly convincingly. One need only to look as far back as 2003 to see that such a split is likely in that scenario. And for the record, I don't think anyone can say that UM or UF "doesn't belong" in talk or consideration for the National title game.

To me it has sounded like in many of your post, that you beileve Florida doesnt belong. Saying what IF they didnt block the punt against South Carolina, or what IF Arkansas doesnt muff a punt. Saying that you dont think that Florida will give OSU a game...To me that sounds like someone saying a team is not deserving...JMO though I may be taking most of your post the wrong way though I guess

Right...but the NCAA doesn't recognize the AP so that won't matter.

Making a BCS game is a great accomplishment...Louisville has no control over who they play...

Nobody does. I for one would have loved to see UL play the USC's, UM's, LSU's of the world in their bowl game. I tell my friends who are UL fans that they really need a win over a top team(I know WVU, but still) to be considered an "elite" team. I'm interested to see just how good they are. I hope they win, and continue to have success.........

Nobody does. I for one would have loved to see UL play the USC's, UM's, LSU's of the world in their bowl game. I tell my friends who are UL fans that they really need a win over a top team(I know WVU, but still) to be considered an "elite" team. I'm interested to see just how good they are. I hope they win, and continue to have success.........

I think everyone wanted to see UL play a more traditional power, but you don't complain about who you play, you are glad to be where you are.