Class 5A Championship: #2 Frederick Douglass vs. #1 Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates

16thBBall Fan

Frederick Douglass vs Covington Catholic Who wins?  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Frederick Douglass vs Covington Catholic Who wins?

• Frederick Douglass
    • Covington Catholic

Cov Cath 32

FD 10

Cov Cath has the best player in the state and is a well oiled winning machine. FD has great athletes but are in uncharted waters for the program. Cov Cath Big. I voted FD by mistake (fat fingers).

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fredrick Douglass easy in this one. Blue Boys beat LaSalle handily, and only scored 13 against Birds. Could be a running clock against the school from Park Hills. But Blue Boys do have the greatest high school player of all time to ever play the game. Douglass still wins. SMH.

No one, including Cincinnati LaSalle, has been able to run on CovCath. If F.D. can, it will be interesting.

I wasn't shocked you picked F.D., was shocked at the margin you're projecting.

I could see that happening if CovCath came into Kroger Field and just straight up forgot how to play football.

Fredrick Douglass easy in this one. Blue Boys beat LaSalle handily, and only scored 13 against Birds. Could be a running clock against the school from Park Hills. But Blue Boys do have the greatest high school player of all time to ever play the game. Douglass still wins. SMH.

So is beating the tar out of one of the better GCL teams a mark against the Colonels? SMH.

I will take CCH 16-7. Sounds like it will be a defensive battle. I think the difference will be our kicker Gronette who can easily make them in the 40 yard range if need be. It's tougher to score the closer you get to the end zone and the field shrinks. I think it's coming down to field goals in this one and Gronette will have 3.

Not familiar with FD offensive and defensive lines. If they are really good, it’s a close game. Otherwise CCH by 14. Unforced errors can also change everything for any team of course.

FD's lines are outstanding. They will be the best CovCath has seen this year.

So is beating the tar out of one of the better GCL teams a mark against the Colonels? SMH.

LaSalle will also be playing for a state title this weekend with their GCL rival Elder playing for one too. CCH would fit in easily in an interstate GCL South Conference if that could ever happen.