Class 4A Playoffs: #1 Boyle County vs. #4 Lexington Catholic Predictions/Updates

charlesw88

Who wins?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Boyle County
    • Lexington Catholic

It's round 2 of the Class 4A playoffs. It's win or go home.

On Friday, Lexington Catholic (7-4) will travel to Danville to take on the Boyle County Rebels (11-0). Game 1 between these teams did not go as planned for the Knights as they got routed by Boyle County 64-28.

Can Lexington Catholic keep this game close and even winning it or will this be another running clock for Boyle County?

Lexington Catholic is coming off a 43-23 victory over Bourbon County. Boyle County dominated Anderson County 64-14.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Rebels defense is playing faster and with fewer mistakes than when these two played earlier. I think they will hold the Knights to fewer points than the first game and Boyle will score at will. Another running clock.

I agree. I can't see an outcome with Lexington Catholic winning. Boyle County will limit Lexington Catholic's offense and will score at will.

I got to thinking about Boyle's record at home and looked up past games at home and in the playoffs.

Right now Boyle has a 25 game home winning streak. Boyle has not lost a home playoff game since November 15th. 2013 to Pardue's Mercer County team 31-30. That loss is Boyle's only home playoff loss since the 1997 Dudley Hilton's infamous mudbowl at Rebel field against Bourbon County.

That's 1 loss at home going back over the last 23 years.

Edited by Rebel

I got to thinking about Boyle's record at home and looked up past games at home and in the playoffs.

Right now Boyle has a 25 game home winning streak. Boyle has not lost a home playoff game since November 15th. 2013 to Pardue's Mercer County team 31-30. That loss is Boyle's only home playoff loss since the 1997 Dudley Hilton's infamous mudbowl at Rebel field against Bourbon County.

That's 1 loss at home going back over the last 23 years.

Boyle is 46-1 at home in the postseason since that loss to Bourbon. That's an incredible, relevant statistic.