3A State Championship: Covington Catholic 27 Bowling Green 8

Birdsfan

Is Rodenberg going to take his KY state title with him back to Ohio next year???? Congrats to the Colonels...I called them as state champs after I witnessed the 2nd HHS victory.

That's pretty much what Cov-Cath radio was saying the whole night during the game. Why would They bring something like that up during CCH's big day unless there is some truth to it. As the Bandit would say, Bye Bye Baby!!!!!!!!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's pretty much what Cov-Cath radio was saying the whole night during the game. Why would They bring something like that up during CCH's big day unless there is some truth to it. As the Bandit would say, Bye Bye Baby!!!!!!!!

Man isn't technology great. Sitting in a Hotel room in Ashville N.C on my laptop and i feel like i'm right at home.

Covcath BG

1st downs 20 11

Rush yards 223 127

Pass yards 150 92

Total offense 373 219

Penalties 7-33 2-15

Turnovers 1 5

COVINGTON CATHOLIC (12-3)

PASSING C-A-I Yards TD Long

JOSH BLESER 11-15-1 150 1 23

Totals... 11-15-1 150 1 23

RUSHING Att Yards TD Long Avg.

BRENT BUCKLEY 24 135 1 36 5.6

BRANDON BROWN 21 83 0 11 4.0

ALEX WISE 2 10 0 6 5.0

JOSH BLESER 3 -5 0 5 -1.7

Totals... 50 223 1 36 4.5

RECEPTIONS No. Yards TD Long Avg.

KURT BOVARD 4 52 1 23 13.0

PETER SUTTON 3 45 0 19 15.0

ALEX WISE 2 23 0 12 11.5

BRENT BUCKLEY 1 20 0 20 20.0

JACE GANSHIRT 1 10 0 10 10.0

Totals... 11 150 1 23 13.6

BOWLING GREEN (13-2)

PASSING C-A-I Yards TD Long

TRENT STEELMAN 5-18-3 92 1 46

Totals... 5-18-3 92 1 46

RUSHING Att Yards TD Long Avg.

TRENT STEELMAN 10 61 0 18 6.1

AVERY HIBBITT 14 40 0 8 2.9

CHASE CARPENTER 4 14 0 4 3.5

ANTHONY DAVIS 2 8 0 5 4.0

CHRIS JOHNSON 2 4 0 7 2.0

TEAM 1 0 0 0 0.0

Totals... 33 127 0 18 3.8

RECEPTIONS No. Yards TD Long Avg.

D.L. MOORE 2 15 0 8 7.5

ANTHONY DAVIS 1 46 1 46 46.0

CHRIS JOHNSON 1 16 0 16 16.0

RYAN WALLACE 1 15 0 15 15.0

Totals... 5 92 1 46 18.4

Date: Dec 01, 2006

Site: Louisville, KY

Stadium: Papa John's Cardinal

Temp: 32/FL 24

Wind: W 9

Weather: CLOUDY AND COLD

Time: 2:19

Attendance: 7379

Read post #29.

Take it to another thread if you want to discuss any further.

ICN-6 has added some broadcasts for its tape-delay coverage of the state football finals. Here is the updated schedule:

Friday

7 p.m.: Class AAAA final, Ryle vs. Trinity

Sunday

8:30 a.m.: Class AA final, Russell vs. Mercer County

11:30 a.m.: Class AAAA final, Ryle vs. Trinity

2:30 p.m.: Class A final, Newport Central Catholic vs. Danville

6:30 p.m.: Class AAA final, Covington Catholic vs. Bowling Green

Monday

1 p.m. Class AA final, Russell vs. Mercer County

6:30 p.m.: Class A final, Newport Central Catholic vs. Danville

Tuesday

1 p.m.: Class AAA final, Covington Catholic vs. Bowling Green

7 p.m.: Class AAAA final, Ryle vs. Trinity

Wednesday

7 p.m.: Class AAA final, Covington Catholic vs. Bowling Green

Thursday

7 p.m.: Class A final, Newport Central Catholic vs. Danville

Unless the LaSalle, St. X, Moe, or Elder job opens up, I think he will be the Colonel Pilot for awhile. I wouldn't mind 1 title every 2 years.

I personally prefer one more often. Judging by how quickly he won his first one, I hope you get one sooner than '08. :thumb:

The biggest difference for CCH from midseason on has to be the o-line. All the credit goes to Haskamp who transcended these boys from a good line to a dominant line.

Dead on Bluesport, this group had an amazing growth over the course of the year

Congrats to the Blue Colonels on a tremendous run to the championship. Great to see the Colonels bring it back home again to NKY. As a Bluebird fan I'm glad to see this group of Covcath Seniors go! Seriously though, great season. To all Covcath underclassment, please don't forget that weights and preseason conditioning does not begin until July 1st, so don't report until then! j/k......congrats again!

Just got in the door.... WOW what a season.....Too happy, too tired but too pumped to sleep.... Outstanding game plan by the coaching staff.....It was neat that Coach R let Pop go for the record at the end of the game..

Josh is a kid that I think some D1 College should be looking at. The kid is 6'2" and could easily hold around 215/220 pounds has good speed and he's got a cannon for a arm and is cool and calm under pressure. He has all the tools to be a D1 QB if given the chance..... Happy for Junior Buckley who won the MVP award... Did I say that I was happy for Pop and Gpop......For all the D1 prospects on BG, CovCath completely dominated this game. If not for the one blown coverage CovCath would have shut out BG.

1. Toughest team to beat this season for CovCath

The Team from Ft. Thomas 1st game at Ft. Thomas

2. Most exciting game of the entire season

Tie LexCath at LexCath and Ft. Thomas at Ft. Thomas

3. Team that surprised me the most and the away game that I enjoyed the most because of their fans....

Johnson Central.....Wonderful fans, gracious hosts, would love to go back anytime....

WOW the season is over, but the memories will last not only the rest of my lifetime but the lifetime of my daughter. Thanks to all the players, the Crazies WOW what a great group of Kids, the players parents, the administration, staff and Coaches of CovCath, the Alums and especially to Sheila for givinging so much of herself....While I hate to see this season end (Trinity would you want to see who is the best Catholic High School team?) end it must. Gentlemen as Henry said earlier, the 07 season starts Monday, so get into that weigh room and start working.....

"With a spirit, that will not die"